Website Fidelity Canada
Internal Job Title Corporate Sustainability Reporting and Communications Manager
Current work authorization for Canada is required for all openings.
You will be working on a Hybrid office schedule as part of Fidelity’s dynamic working arrangement.
At Fidelity, we’ve been helping Canadian investors build better financial futures for over 35 years. We offer individuals and institutions a range of trusted investment portfolios and services – and we’re constantly seeking to find new and better ways to help our clients. As a privately owned company, we boldly embrace innovation in all areas as we continue to grow our business into the future.
Working with us means you’ll be part of a diverse and dedicated group of people who make a real difference for our clients and communities every day. You’ll have a wide range of opportunities to grow and develop your career in an inclusive environment where you’ll feel valued and supported to be your best – both personally and professionally.
Purpose of Role
The Corporate Sustainability Reporting & Communications Manager is responsible for assisting Fidelity Canada with its positioning and responsiveness to a growing number of expectations among internal and external stakeholders for transparent reporting and communications on our Corporate Sustainability Program results. The role will lead the compilation and strategic direction of Fidelity’s Sustainability Reporting Suite.
How You’ll Make An Impact
- Reporting and Disclosure
- Develop multi-year Sustainability reporting roadmap, informed by corporate leader best practice and developments in the external reporting landscape
- Lead the project management, production and distribution of key reports including Fidelity’s annual Corporate Sustainability, TCFD and Sustainable Investing Reports.
- Proactively manage content tracker, project timelines and workback schedules for all reports and ensure disclosure governance process followed (including scheduling reviews in exec leadership calendars)
- Proactively engage with subject matter experts in various business units to ensure the appropriate feedback is obtained and all relevant content is included in our various reports
- Manage day to day communication and engagement with key internal and external reporting partners (e.g. Marketing Production) leading up to the publication of the Reporting Suite
- Ensure reporting process documented and refreshed (e.g. TCFD/climate reporting playbook) to document key contributor roles and responsibilities and internal review and governance workflows.
- Lead Sustainability assurance engagements with third-party vendors, ensuring appropriate internal stakeholder engagement.
- Develop independently, and through collaboration with Finance colleagues, management reporting on key metrics and updates on sustainability matters and initiatives
- Support the Corporate Sustainability Manager in updating master initiative tracker, in collaboration with Workstreams
- Communications and Engagement
- Collaborate with Corporate Affairs team to develop and support execution of Fidelity’s Sustainability communications and engagement plan
- By leveraging the expertise of relevant internal teams lead development of Sustainability content for corporate communication channels including corporate website, advisor portal and employee intranet.
- Lead completion of client questionnaires and documentation related to Corporate Sustainability strategy and progress.
- Develop metrics and processes for measuring internal and external engagement around Fidelity’s Corporate Sustainability program.
- Build business-relevant internal tracking, communications, and training processes for Business Units to measure and manage Sustainability engagement.
- Support development of Sustainability engagement and storytelling tools, including story banks, training programs and playbooks.
- As needed, develop external presentations and speaking materials for the VP and Chief Financial Officer, working in close collaboration with the Corporate Affairs team.
- Provide insight and advice to senior management on presence at key sustainability conferences.
- Create materials, such as presentations, to support the communications and marketing roll out of our Sustainability Program to advisors, clients, employees and other stakeholders.
- Support the VP and Chief Financial Officer in representing Fidelity at external sustainability events and forums, including preparing briefing notes, liaising with stakeholders, and coordinating required follow-up.
The Expertise You Bring
- Demonstrable experience with ESG Reporting Frameworks such as GRI, SASB, WEF IBC, TCFD and disclosure expectations and trends is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in sustainability communications, outreach and stakeholder engagement
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate and engage with a wide range of stakeholders across the organization, achieving desired outcomes through influence
- Experience working in the Financial Industry is an asset
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
We are in search of a candidate with the following
- 4-5 years’ experience in sustainability reporting and disclosure role
- Project management experience in sustainability
- University bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Nice to have Master’s Degree in Sustainability or Communications or equivalent work experience
- Nice to have PMP and/or ESG certifications in progress or completion
Some of the ways we’ll help you feel valued and supported as part of our team
- Flexible working arrangements – 100% remote, hybrid, and in office options.
- Competitive total compensation, including company contributions to your group RRSP without a matching requirement from you
- Comprehensive health benefits that start on your first day, with 100% employer-paid premiums, that include up to $5000 annually for mental health services and therapy
- Parental leave top-up to 100% of your salary for a period of 25 weeks
- Up to $650 for home office equipment
- Generous time off policy, including 2 paid days annually to volunteer at a charity of your choice
- Diversity and inclusion programs, including an active network of Employee Resource Groups
- Extensive professional development opportunities, including access to over 11,000 training and development courses, tuition reimbursement, and monetary rewards for completing a required designation
We care a lot about fostering a compassionate, people-centric culture, and are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 employers for the last five years.
Fidelity Canada is an equal opportunity employer
Fidelity Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, family status, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected ground.
Accommodation during the application process
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.
No telephone inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why Work at Fidelity?
We are proud to be recipients of the following
- Canada’s Top Family-Friendly Employers 2023 (7th consecutive year)
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2023 (7th consecutive year)
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers 2023 (10th consecutive year)
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2023
- Venngo Healthy Workplaces Award Workplace Benefits Awards – Health and Wellness Program
- HRDC Best Places to Work 2022
- A Canadian Compassionate Company
- Great Place to Work (Dec 2022 – Nov 2023)
- Best Workplaces for Women 2023 by Great Place to Work