Website Federated Hermes
Sustainability Integration Analyst – Fixed Income – High Yield Pittsburgh, PA
Federated Hermes, Inc., one of the nation’s largest investment managers with over $704 Billion in managed assets has an exciting opportunity available immediately for an ESG professional. As part of the Sustainable Fixed Income team, this position will deliver sustainability related thematic, sector and corporate analysis and research to support the credit team in integrating sustainability into investments products. While interacting with the London team on a daily basis, this position will primarily support Pittsburgh’s High Yield team, with the opportunity to expand to other fixed income teams such as Investment Grade and Emerging Markets. This is a hybrid role based in Pittsburgh, PA with the ability work from home a couple days a week.
This is a unique opportunity for an individual who has a demonstrated passion for sustainability, solid analytical, and research skills and wants to apply those interests and skills to the investment world on a global scale.
Pittsburgh is one of the nation’s most livable cities with a strong, revitalized economy; lower cost of living than cities of similar size; entrepreneurial spirit; sense of community; superior academics and top research universities; and, vibrant arts, food, cultural and sports scenes.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree or 1-2 years working experience preferred. Degree or work experience in sustainability, environment science, or economics, preferred.
- Exposure and/or demonstrated interest in sustainability related topics such as climate change, social impact, diversity and inclusion, etc.
- Sustainability and ESG knowledge including with sustainable frameworks such as Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), CDP, Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi), or Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB).
- Solid research and analysis skills and attention to detail required. Ability to research, analyze, and summarize corporate ESG information to create a score which will be used in financial decision making.
- Experience in a relevant field including investment research, sustainable and impact investing, shareholder engagement and or corporate sustainability preferred.
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to deliver sustainability insights in short deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel required. Advanced excel and programming skills are a plus.
- Analyze 3rd party data along with internal proprietary data to assess and score the sustainability credentials of portfolio (and potential portfolio) companies. These scores will be used by global teams for investment purposes.
- Maintain and improve existing and new scoring systems to help investment teams understand ESG risks and sustainability credentials.
- Lead sector reviews for assigned sectors to review and refresh sustainability scores with investment personal.
- Build climate-related tools to project a portfolio’s ability to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emission over time.
- Support ESG engagement activities through research, agenda development, and objective and meeting documentation.
- Develop thematic or issue-based thought leadership and case studies for publications. Work with marketing, client service and compliance teams to ensure client reports are delivered on time and to specification.
- Assist credit analysts in carrying out ESG research and analysis as needed.
- Proactively serve as an internal ambassador for the promotion ESG factors into the activities of the investment teams.
For additional information:
About this opportunity please visit: https://careers.federatedinvestors.com/psp/EXT/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=11&JobOpeningId=8908&PostingSeq=1
Federated Hermes is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to the following criteria: race (including physical characteristics such as hairstyles ), color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, age, familial or marital status, ancestry, military status, veteran status or genetic information as well as any other prohibited criteria under any applicable local, state or federal law applicable to Federated Hermes.
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.
About Federated Hermes, Inc. go to: www.federatedhermes.com
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.