Website Federated Hermes
Proxy Voting Analyst Pittsburgh, PA
Since 1955, millions of investors in the United States and around the globe have relied on Federated Hermes, Inc. (NYSE: FHI) for world-class investment solutions. Federated Hermes has grown to become one of the nation’s largest investment managers with $631.9 billion in assets under management. Federated Hermes is a global leader in active responsible investing with one of the largest engagement and stewardship teams in the world representing over $1 trillion in assets under advisement.
Federated Hermes believes that integrating environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into the investment process is key to delivering long-term sustainable wealth to its investors. The Responsible Investing Office (RIO) at Federated Hermes reports directly to the CEO and President of the Federated Advisory Companies and serves as a central hub of expertise in investment research, data analytics, active engagement, proxy voting and thought leadership in all areas of responsible investing.
We are looking for a Proxy Voting Analyst to support the Director of Proxy Voting with managing the proxy voting policy and overseeing all aspects of the proxy voting governance function. This position will involve regular collaboration with other team members in the Responsible Investing Office, colleagues within our stewardship function, EOS at Federated Hermes, and with investment professionals throughout the firm. The Proxy Voting Analyst will also regularly engage with investee companies to promote best practices in corporate governance and gain insights that will inform proxy voting.
Pittsburgh is one of the nation’s most livable cities with a strong economy; lower cost of living than cities of similar size; entrepreneurial spirit; sense of community; superior academics and top research universities; and, vibrant arts, food, cultural and professional sports scenes. Federated Hermes is a company that fosters a strong collaborative culture and recognizes the strength of individual contribution.
The Proxy Voting Analyst supports the Director of Proxy Voting with managing the proxy voting policy and overseeing all operational, compliance, and administrative aspects of the proxy voting governance function.
- Ensure timely and informed execution of proxy votes by researching ballot items, gathering input from portfolio managers and the stewardship team, and submitting voting recommendations for approval by the Proxy Voting Committee.
- Contribute to the development of Federated Hermes’ Proxy Voting Policy, identifying emerging trends in corporate governance and proxy voting, including appropriate areas for enhancement, and presenting an evidence-based case for voting policy changes.
- Engage with investee companies to promote good corporate governance practices and gain insights that will inform future voting decisions.
- Assist the Director of Proxy Voting in planning and organizing regular meetings of the Proxy Voting Committee, which oversees the policies and procedures that govern Federated Hermes’ proxy voting activity.
- Collaborate with proxy voting service providers to optimize the implementation of the Federated Hermes Proxy Voting Policy.
- Advance Federated Hermes’ stewardship thought leadership by contributing original research and content for publication regarding Federated Hermes’ proxy voting activity.
- Identify and articulate proxy voting trends and outcomes to colleagues in the Responsible Investing Office to support the integration of environmental, social and governance factors into investment decisions.
· Assist with the preparation and filing of regulatory documents and updating all proxy voting disclosures as needed.
· Respond to stakeholder inquiries regarding proxy voting and provide supportive evidence.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Minimum three years’ professional experience in proxy voting and/or corporate governance.
· Experience working for a responsible investment manager or stewardship service provider highly preferred.
· Working knowledge of proxy-related regulatory environment required.
· Experience with proxy service provider platforms (e.g., Glass Lewis and ISS) preferred.
· Excellent oral communication and experience presenting research results.
· Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
· Proficiency in data analysis, reporting and structuring clear communication frameworks.
Federated Hermes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
Federated Hermes is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to the following criteria: race (including physical characteristics such as hairstyles ), color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, age, familial or marital status, ancestry, military status, veteran status or genetic information as well as any other prohibited criteria under any applicable local, state or federal law applicable to Federated Hermes.
For more information or to apply, please go to:
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.