The ESG Data Solutions team is a strategic part of FactSet’s Content organization, responsible for delivering ESG Content through two innovative offerings: FactSet’s AI-driven Truvalue Labs Environment Social Governance (ESG) content and ESG Fundamentals Data.
The Truvalue Labs product is at the epicenter of three major trends shaping the asset investment management industry: the rise of ESG integration, the exponential growth of unstructured data, and major advances in the field of artificial intelligence. The dataset synthesizes ESG-relevant topics and scores from 100,000+ sources in 32 languages and tracks 230,000+ companies. Our ESG Fundamentals dataset is a collection of ESG metrics as reported by companies. It includes thousands of public and private companies, with plans to rapidly expand the number of entities we cover.
Reporting into the Senior Director of ESG Content Strategy, the Director, ESG Data Solutions works with senior stakeholders from across the business to ensure the commercial success of all derivative ESG data products.
- Management Lead, mentor and develop teams of direct, indirect and matrixed reports across disciplines and regions focused on ESG product management, source management, taxonomy development, quality assurance and operations.
- Strategy Work with other senior members of the ESG leadership team to define the broader strategic product priorities and research and development efforts.
- Innovation Ideate solutions and convert proof of concepts into deliverables against challenging timelines.
- Product management Convert business strategy into the product roadmap and work closely with the AI, Data Engineering and Core Engineering teams to execute on the strategy.
- Reporting Track and ensure progress of KPIs to enable performance transparency, reporting, and process optimization.
- Strong ESG product acumen with 10+ years of financial and/or technical experience
- Ability to manipulate and synthesize large data sets and experience leveraging AI to automate workflows
- Subject matter expertise on entity management in financial data products
- Robust understanding of ESG integration and passion for Responsible/Sustainable Investing and emerging trends
- Experience in ESG asset management or sell-side research environment a plus
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in business, computer science and engineering, or a quantitative field
- Working knowledge of programming and statistical software packages (e.g. Python, SQL, R), business intelligence software (Tableau, PowerBI), and work experience with entity management at FactSet or another financial data provider is considered a plus
- Consistent ownership of significant projects spanning various products and/or content sets
- Ability to stay ahead of important developments in the very rapidly evolving ESG investing space (client strategies, regulation, ESG and systematic and systemic risk focus, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills / emotional intelligence including the ability to build trust and influence others
- Successful track record of managing global teams
Location: North America, preferably in the New York metropolitan area. For exceptional candidates, other locations as well as remote or hybrid work arrangements may be considered.
- Financial Services, Research
FactSet is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity