FactSet’s Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) offering is at the epicenter of three major trends shaping the asset investment management industry: the rise of ESG integration, the exponential growth of unstructured data, and major advances in the field of artificial intelligence. FactSet is in the process of accelerating its in-house ESG offerings, while still having the largest 3rd party ESG library in the market. FactSet’s ESG solutions are used by Asset Managers, Asset Owners and Hedge funds globally. The market for ESG is rapidly accelerating and FactSet is at the forefront of ESG solutions.
We are seeking a self-driven leader with a strong ESG research background to spearhead FactSet’s ESG thought leadership and to help showcase the unique ESG value FactSet is delivering to the market. The FactSet ESG team is responsible for defining and creating ESG products that are delivered across FactSet’s many Platforms, Feeds, and APIs. You will lead research initiatives that involve FactSet ESG data, along with being expected to represent FactSet in both internal and external presentations. You must be skilled at working with matrixed teams and building relationships with senior leadership. We are looking for someone with a strong quantitative background, who has experience coming up with hypotheses and back testing strategies. Additionally, the Head of ESG Research will be expected to stay current on ESG news and be ready to both educate the team and help answer external questions.
- Responsible for ESG-related thought leadership both internally and client-facing
- Originate and co-author creative content that demonstrates FactSet’s unique ESG value proposition to the market
- Serve as the point-person for external interviews, media interactions, conference panel speaking opportunities and more regarding ESG
- Build quantitative models that can demonstrate the value of ESG data when back tested
- Coordinate ESG research across FactSet to ensure there is an aligned and coherent strategy
- Work closely with ESG product heads to ensure research aligns with and supports the product development roadmap, in addition to surfacing new ideas for product innovation
- Build relationships across business units to ensure all facets of FactSet are incorporated into thought leadership
- Engage directly with clients, especially high value clients, to share research and hear feedback
- Assist in the creation of new ESG methodologies or score calculations that directly affect the ESG Product
- Explore new ways of elevating the FactSet ESG brand and educating the market
- Collaborate closely with Marketing to select and prioritize events and speaking opportunities
- Keep a pulse on the latest trends and research, filtering important developments back to product and sales
- B.A. or B.S., with Advance Degree required
- 10+ years of financial, or technical experience
- Robust understanding of ESG integration and passion for Responsible/Sustainable Investing and good knowledge of emerging trends.
- Good understanding of externalities, pricing and proxy pricing and their internalization impacts
- Experience in ESG asset management or sell-side research environment
- Strong quantitative aptitude and qualitative reasoning coupled with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter and ability to priorities despite conflicting demands on time
- Enthusiasm, energy, and willingness to work in a goal-oriented team
- Excellent presentation skills / client interaction skills
- Ability to stay ahead of important developments in the very rapidly evolving ESG investing space (client strategies, regulation, ESG and systematic and systemic risk focus, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills / emotional intelligence including the ability to build trust and influence others
- Managerial experience a plus
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
What’s In It For You:
- Flexible work accommodations. Choose to work remotely, in person, or in a hybrid set-up.
- The opportunity to join a growing firm with a proven track record of success for over 40 years, made up of thoughtful, innovative minds that value collaboration and welcome your new ideas to the table
- Mentorship and growth opportunities from senior employees
- Career progression planning and a focus on career development, complete with dedicated time each month for conference attendance, online learning seminars, and networking
- A robust social community dedicated to volunteerism, intramural sports, and team-building events
- Business resource groups that align with our DE&I strategy, designed to cultivate an inclusive environment for all
Learn More About Our Benefits Here.
Returning from a break?
We are here to support you! If you have taken time out of the workforce and are looking to return, we encourage you to apply and chat with our recruiters about our available support to help you relaunch your career.
FactSet Research Systems Inc. is a global provider of integrated financial information, analytical applications and industry-leading services for the investment and corporate communities. As a publicly traded company (NYSE:FDS | NASDAQ:FDS) recently added to the S&P 500 index, FactSet delivers superior content, analytics, and flexible technology to help more than 162,000 users see and seize opportunity sooner. For over 40 years, the company has served financial professionals, which include portfolio managers, investment research professionals, investment bankers, risk and performance analysts, wealth advisors and corporate clients. FactSet gives our clients the edge to outperform with informed insights, workflow solutions across the portfolio lifecycle, and industry-leading support from dedicated specialists.
The budgeted amount range for this position in the State of Connecticut is $192,500 – $285,000.
At FactSet, we celebrate diversity of thought, experience, and perspective. We are committed to disrupting bias and a transparent hiring process. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. FactSet participates in E-Verify.
FactSet is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity