ESG solutions enable investors to develop and integrate responsible investing policies and practices, engage on responsible investment issues, and monitor portfolio company practices through screening solutions. It also provides climate data, analytics, and advisory services to help financial market participants understand, measure, and act on climate-related risks across all asset classes. In addition, ESG solutions cover corporate and country ESG research and ratings enabling its clients to identify material social and environmental risks and opportunities.
Let’s be #BrilliantTogether
ISS is growing! We are seeking an analytical, proactive individual who has an interest in sustainability to join our ESG Ratings Research Team in Mumbai as Associate Vice President.
You will be part of ISS ESG’s global research team and will focus on the collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative environmental and social data from corporate disclosures. This data feeds our broad suite of ESG solutions, including our market-leading Corporate Rating.
In this position you will be responsible for driving efficient and high-quality research and ratings processes, managing research projects with an industry or thematic focus, enhancing our current transparent assessment and ratings methodology, and making contributions to our thought leadership and ESG expertise, including conducting research to evaluate a company’s sustainability performance. This research will assess company performance in a number of sustainability-related areas, including working standards and conditions, supply chain management, ESG governance, environmental management, emission, and resource consumption data, as well as several sector-specific key issues. This work involves reviewing company documents (e.g., sustainability reports, annual reports, corporate websites), identifying relevant topics, and analyzing them based on our proprietary methodology. Qualitative and quantitative analysis will be used to generate individual rating reports as well as studies on selected topic- or industry-related sustainability trends when needed.
With Ratings teams based in Australia, Germany, the Philippines, Sweden, India, the U.K., and the U.S. we stand for research integrity and a thorough methodical approach, paying attention to detail in order to achieve relevant, accurate and reliable results. Being able to see the big picture as well as critical thinking are considered key factors for success.
ISS ESG offers unique development opportunities for thematic or industry specialization and allows you to gain in-depth insight into ESG and sustainable investment.
The successful candidate will work both independently as well as collaboratively with the local team and colleagues across our global offices. Working in a dynamic market and international environment, we put great emphasis on cooperation and offer a welcoming, collegial working atmosphere.
Value you’ll deliver
- Contribute to an engaging, positive, and collaborative working environment, including through the management of other team members
- Gather ESG data from company disclosures (e.g., sustainability reports, annual reports). Engage in ESG data processing, research, and analysis in line with ISS ESG methodology
- Track and monitor developments and trends in various industries of specialization
- Take ownership of production targets and deliver the research within timelines outlined in the processes and quality standards
- Coordinate with relevant internal stakeholders to ensure that production is completed on time without compromising on quality
- Constantly endeavor to develop knowledge and expertise on ESG themes associated with corporate ratings. Support the ratings team by the means of thought leadership and research publications, methodology reviews and ESG market developments monitoring. Make suggestions based on domain expertise to evaluate new data sources
- Demonstrate proactiveness with a strong sense of ownership for the work
- Act as a process expert regarding production, conduct tutoring and process relevant training based on experience and expertise in specific industries
- Participate in quality assurance procedures. Support implementation of quality control measures and oversee research conducted by other analysts. Review the analyst written ESG reports and manage high quality standards with regular ESG quality data checks
It would be great if you had
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Mandatory Master’s Degree – a degree in a field such as international relations, development studies, environmental science or international human rights, knowledge of financial markets and sustainable finance are an advantage. MBA with a sustainability concentration is also desirable
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability
- Excellent English language skills, both written and oral (proficiency in languages such as Mandarin, Korean, or Japanese is a bonus)
- Integrity, organizational skills, attention to detail, a self-driven work ethic, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment
- Adaptability, flexibility, ability to thrive in a rapidly evolving environment and field
- Ability to work independently while adhering to deadlines and balancing production volumes with high quality
- Strong and effective communication and presentation skills
- Strong research and analytical skills (including planning and delivery, attention to detail, and a commitment to excellence and quality control)
- Knowledge of, and proficiency with, Microsoft office package (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Ability to quickly process large amounts of data and information
What You Can Expect From Us
Our people are the moving force behind ISS. We are dedicated to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry, and then empowering them with the resources and support to enhance their career, health, financial and personal wellbeing. At ISS we offer a hybrid environment.
We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are invested in our people, and are working every day to ensure a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
Let’s unite, collaborate, and inspire one another.
Let’s be #BrilliantTogether.
About ISS ESG
We enable investors to develop and integrate responsible investing policies and practices, engage on responsible investment issues, and monitor portfolio company practices through screening solutions, climate data and analytics, as well as corporate and country ESG research. ISS ESG ratings on companies, countries and green bonds provide investors with the in-depth insight necessary to effectively incorporate sustainability in their investment decision. Our research is instrumental in helping investors minimize ESG risks, comply with rapidly evolving regulatory and stakeholder requirements and demands, and seize developing opportunities.
Visit our website: https://www.issgovernance.com/esg/
View additional open roles: https://www.issgovernance.com/join-the-iss-team/
Institutional Shareholder Services (“ISS”) is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. It is our policy to prohibit discrimination or harassment against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, social origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In addition to your resume/CV, please include a cover letter in your application along with any relevant certifications.
“We offer a hybrid work schedule of 3 days in office and 2 days work from home. Most offices have returned to working in-office”