Website Morgan Stanley
Bank | Asset Manager
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Company’s Global Sustainability Office aims to drive the growth of sustainable investing through ongoing development of products and solutions, economic analysis, thought leadership and capacity building initiatives.
Within GSO, the Global Sustainable Finance (GSF) team’s work supports product creation and development across Investment Banking, Sales & Trading, Investment Management and Wealth Management. These products can include investible products or digital applications.
GSF’s Data Governance team is seeking a data analyst to help develop and enhance capabilities to monitor and improve the accuracy and integrity of our growing ESG data stack. The ESG Data Quality Analyst will be responsible for analyzing ESG data sets using quantitative methods to ensure data quality. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of ESG data, data governance, and controls, as well as experience with Python and data analytics tools and techniques.
Successful candidates should be well-organized, detail oriented, and work well in team environments.
- Use statistical and econometric methods to analyze ESG data and identify anomalies and errors
- Author data quality checks in Python and assist in implementing them in firm systems at scale, in partnership with business unit SMEs and technology teams
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve and document data quality issues
- Develop and maintain dashboards and metrics around data policy implementation, data issue management, areas requiring escalation for updates to Data Governance Committees and the Data Centre of Excellence
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in ESG data governance and analytics
- Support execution and project management of innovative sustainable investing analytics, products, and solutions while working closely with partners across all areas of the Firm
Requirements (we encourage interested candidates to apply even if they do not meet all required qualifications):
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Finance, Data Science, Engineering or a similarly quantitative field.
- 1-3 years of work experience. Recent quantitative academic qualification can substitute for experience.
- Experience with one or more statistical programming languages (Python and/or R are preferred).
- Strong writing skills: The ideal candidate must have excellent writing skills and be able to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner. They should have experience writing due diligence or technical documentation, including model methodology and other related materials
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Comfort juggling multiple priorities; strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail with persistence, tenacity, and drive for results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills presenting complex analytical results to both technical and non-technical audiences
Exposure to one or more of the following areas is a plus:
- Familiarity with Collibra DQ or other AI/ML DQ solutions
- Knowledge of ESG frameworks such as SASB, GRI, or TCFD is a plus
Expected base pay rates for the role will be between 68,000 and 90,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base pay if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, incentive compensation, discretionary bonuses, other short and long-term incentive packages, and other Morgan Stanley sponsored benefit programs.
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).
Mar 31, 2023
Americas-United States of America-New York-New York
Global Sustainable Finance