ERM seeks an experienced Principal ESG Advisory/Responsible Investing Consultant to develop and lead our growing ESG Advisory Services business in Manhattan, NY. The ideal candidate will bring significant consulting experience in order to provide service area technical support to grow ERM’s global M&A Solutions Services, with specific focus on ESG Advisory in the private equity and finance sector.ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing. For over 40 years, we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a senior “seller/doer,” contribute to business development of ERM’s global M&A Solutions service area, with specific focus on ESG Advisory services. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take active leadership role in the development of new business, in cooperation with ERM Partners. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Capitalize on existing client relationships to expand ERM’s profile and market share in the regional M&A Solutions Services market (through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development).
- Direct and develop complex due diligence projects involving multi-site portfolios and multi-person project teams locally, nationally, and globally. Manage due diligence assessments consistent with ASTM Phase I standards and other global protocols, and including broad-based compliance assessments at industrial and commercial facilities.
- Help clients with internal processes for managing transaction risks. Work with clients to find solutions to transaction-driven environmental issues, including EHS compliance, remediation, portfolio issues, Brownfields, and liability cost estimating.
- Prepare concise reports that assess potential environmental liability risks, compliance and operational status.
- Sell and manage other service lines related to transactions. Leverage the Mergers & Acquisitions role to provide services related to site remediation, compliance, management systems, outsourcing, integration support, among others.
- Lead, manage performance, hire and retain, inspire and mentor personnel for overall success of local technical team.
- Collaborate and coordinate with ERM offices in the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa regions.
REQUIREMENTS:This position offers fast-track career development potential for a motivated self-starter with strong technical, people management, and client interaction and development skills.
- BS in engineering, science, business, or related discipline; professional registration preferred.
- 10 to 15 years of experience managing complex environmental due diligence projects for multinational corporations, financial institutions, and their legal counsel.
- Proven business development experience for large portfolios/contracts and client relationships supported by repeat business, including established contacts with corporate executives, attorneys, investment bankers, and/or private equity.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients, and book personal sales in new M&A Solutions consulting services.
- Knowledgeable of issues within ERM’s key client sectors, including oil and gas, chemical, manufacturing, technology, and redevelopment.
- Well versed in environmental risk, environmental compliance, health & safety compliance, remediation liabilities, as they relate to transaction agreements.
- Possess fundamental working knowledge of site investigation and characterization concepts of Phase II projects.
- Experience estimating the costs of environmental compliance and remediation liabilities.
- Excellent writing, communication, strategic thinking, and “people” skills.
- Recognized technical expertise by the marketplace.
Who We Are:As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.Thank you for your interest in ERM!