At ERM we are committed to supporting our private markets investor clients as they build higher quality businesses. Our private markets ESG & Impact Advisory team is currently going through a period of significant growth in the market while also servicing an existing large base private equity and infrastructure investor clients. Consultants in the ESG & Impact Advisory team work on a wide range of interesting strategic and operational projects at portfolio company level for private markets investor clients such as portfolio company onboarding, value creation planning support, decarbonization planning & target setting, sustainable supply chain & procurement advisory, product life cycle assessments, human rights advisory, human capital consulting, sustainability claims and certification support, and exit readiness assignments.
To support the successful delivery of our growth ambition, the team is looking to appoint a number of consultants to support the delivery of ESG & impact value creation planning projects.
ERM has enduring values, which are fundamental to our business conduct. We are passionate about our people, their safety, well-being and development. ERMers take accountability, are client-focused, and collaborate with colleagues across geographies. If you share our values, believe in sustainability and are motivated by opportunities to shape, build and run a sustainability service team that makes a real impact to our private markets investor client’s businesses, ERM is the right place for you.
This individual will support our clients in driving ESG integration and impact performance improvements across portfolio companies. This role will work across ERM and the firm’s functions which brings together senior consultants executives across all sustainability disciplines to deliver leading operating capabilities and insights to our clients’ portfolio companies. This individual will lead a team of ESG, impact & sustainability experts with operational experience in climate, social performance, and environmental and impact management.
The ideal candidate will have a track record in supporting ESG, impact, & sustainability advisory, decarbonization, human rights or broader post-investment value creation engagements for private markets investors and project delivery for private equity and infrastructure investment, and operating teams, and portfolio company management.
ESG, impact, supply chain, technology transformation, operational effectiveness, procurement, human rights and human capital experience working with private markets investors in various sectors is also beneficial, including technology, healthcare, infrastructure, consumer, pharmaceutical/life sciences, business services, and manufacturing.
The successful applicants will be expected to:
- Support the development and delivery of our client’s post-investment portfolio company ESG program, working alongside our clients’ ESG, investment, operating teams, and portfolio company management teams to help them develop ESG & impact plans & programs, measure and improve against ESG metrics & targets, and aggregate performance improvements as part of exit preparation.
- Work with our clients’ ESG, investment, and operating teams and portfolio company senior management to design and execute post-investment value creation plans for the hold period for new and existing investments and work with those client teams to ensure completion of objectives laid out in the context of their broader portfolio and firm-level ESG goals and internal ESG operating capabilities.
- Provide expert insights, guidance and support to clients and portfolio company management on how to integrate ESG and impact into broader business practices and business models to ensure long-term sustainable business value creation.
- Develop repeatable processes, frameworks, toolkits, assessment scorecards and other materials for our clients and support their deployment and operationalization across portfolio companies based upon company maturity and materiality requirements.
- Ensure ESG and impact maturity assessments, stakeholder engagement, sustainability strategy development, targets and KPIs, baseline footprint, data collection, performance interventions and reporting are completed for our clients’ portfolio companies, in line with how our clients work with advisors in other post-investment value creation contexts.
- Support ESG and impact due diligence projects throughout the diligence lifecycle on key ESG & impact drivers to increase value and reduce risks from an operational perspective. and provide recommendations for post-investment value creation initiatives.
- Knowledge of TCFD or the EU Green deal components such as the SFDR, EU Taxonomy, and CSRD along with the ESG Data Convergence Initiative, IRIS+, The Impact Management Project, and the Operating Principles For Impact Management is a plus. Previous experience with climate change aspects including GHG assessments, Science-Based Targets, NetZero Strategy and Decarbonization roadmaps is desirable but not required.
Pay Transparency (CA, CO, WA, NY, NJ):
The typical hiring range for this role is [$138,762 to $161, 595]. This is the typical hiring range we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. This job is also eligible for bonus pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through https://www.erm.com/careers/apply/ or through the internal careers portal if you are a current employee.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!