Website EdenTree Investment Management
About the role
EdenTree Investment Management, who are proudly part of Benefact Group, are looking for a Senior RI Analyst to join our London office.
An exciting opportunity to join the UK’s leading Responsible & Sustainable asset manager and play an integral role in the successful execution of its responsible investment strategy. The role is a pivotal one in the Responsible Investment Team, directly involved in and affecting the success of the team and business as a whole.
The successful candidate will be responsible for evolving and implementing EdenTree’s approach to corporate governance, working directly with the Head of Responsible Investment and the broader investment team. The role will include developing our corporate governance policy, managing proxy voting activity, and evolving our approach to ensure we remain at the forefront of the industry.
Contributing to the wider responsible investment activities as required. This will include research on companies for inclusion in our range of responsible and sustainable funds, engagement with holdings across ESG topics (with a foucs on governance & social issues), and involvement in reporting activity such as the PRI and FRC Stewardship Code. There will also be exposure to clients, and the successful candidate will play an important role in promoting the business as a leader in responsible and sustainable investing.
In this role, reporting to Head of Responsible Investment, you will work closely with other members of the responsible investment team and wider investment team. EdenTree reserves the right to require all individuals on occasion to perform additional tasks or duties which may fall outside of the main role specification provided here in order to meet business requirements.
Design and implement EdenTree’s Corporate Governance strategy and policy. Including:
- Leading the evolution and execution of EdenTree’s corporate governance policy in line with prevailing best practice
- Managing & monitoring proxy voting activity to ensure votes as executed in line with our policy
- Leading the evaluation of complex proposals, developing proxy voting recommendations and assessing engagement opportunities in line with our policy
- Managing relationships with service providers including GlassLewis and Broadridge
Lead reporting on corporate governance, and support in broader reporting requirements. Including:
- Working with other teams in the business to ensure timely delivery of quarterly & annual proxy voting reports
- Leading our response to client queries & DDQs on governance-related topics
- Leading our annual submission to the FRC’s Stewardship Code
- Contributing to other reports as required including quarterly RI Activity Reports and annual fund reports
Conduct ESG research to inform investment decision making on the funds. Including:
- Carrying out detailed environment, social and governance research on companies, in line with EdenTree’s screening approach
- Working collaboratively with the boarder investment team to influence decisions taken on the funds
- Contributing to the production of timely and well-written research on a range of responsible investment topics
Contribute to engagement activity with companies held in the funds. Including:
- Engaging directly with companies held in the funds, leading engagements on corporate governance and other ESG topics
- Interest and/or experience in another ESG area such as diversity, labour rights, modern slavery, health and wellbeing and/or business ethics is desirable
- Supporting the evolution of our approach to ensure effective escalation links between our engagement & voting activity
As a member of the Responsible Investment Team:
- Contribute to client presentations, pitches, meetings, and business development opportunities
- Build strong professional relationships both internally and externally
- Keep abreast of industry trends & changes, regulation and public policy
- Ensure all activities reflect EdenTree’s Core Values
- Other ad hoc tasks
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Direct experience in corporate governance and proxy voting required, preferably in an asset management context
- Strong business and investment acumen, including a genuine interest in evolving the debate around responsible investment issues
- Excellent understanding of ESG issues and how these apply to a corporate and investment context
- Experience in engaging with senior executives on responsible investment topics
- Investment Management Certificate preferable
What we offer
- A competitive salary – let’s discuss it
- Flexible working
- Group Personal Pension – up to 12% employer contribution
- Generous annual bonus scheme
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and a holiday buy and sell scheme
- An array of health and wellbeing benefits, including private healthcare, income protection and life assurance
- Up to £300 annual personal grant to a charity of your choice
- Encouraged to take at least one volunteering day per year
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Full study support to gain professional qualifications
We know that our People are what makes EdenTree unique and we strongly value the diversity of thought and perspective each colleague brings to the business. We do not have a set criteria, rather we look for passionate people with can-do attitudes that value the opportunities available in a smaller firm like ours, and will play an active role in our common goal of being a leader in responsible and sustainable investing.
EdenTree are pioneers in responsible and sustainable investing, having launched one of the first ethical equity funds in the UK, in March 1988. We are proud of our 35-year track record in delivering exceptional, long-term results for our clients. Based in the heart of the City of London, our investment team also have some of the longest continuous track records of any in the UK investment community. Today, we have £3.7bn of assets under management across our range of funds.
We serve the financial adviser and investment professional community across the entirety of the UK, with dedicated regional sales managers providing exceptional levels of client support. We have been continuously recognised for the strength of our approach, being awarded the title of ‘Best Ethical Investment Provider’ at the Moneyfacts Life & Pensions Awards for the 15th consecutive year. We are proud of our clear culture and strong values which set us apart, that focus on our business, our people, our environment, our community and our customers. This is all underpinned by our ultimate charity ownership, with all our profits going to good causes.
At Benefact Group, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and experiences. We understand that the perfect candidate for this role may not necessarily meet every requirement listed in this advert, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel that you don’t fulfil every single qualification. Your unique perspective and potential are valuable to us, and we invite you to submit an application if this opportunity resonates with you.