DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world’s leading asset managers with EUR 833bn of assets under management (as of 30 June 2022). Building on more than 60 years of experience, it has a reputation for excellence in Germany, Europe, the Americas and Asia. DWS is recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management – as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus – complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our investment approach strategically.
DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with approximately 3,500 employees in offices all over the world, we are local while being one global team. We are investors – entrusted to build the best foundation for our clients’ future.
The ESG Associate will report to and work directly with the Global Head of ESG, Real Estate (ESG Head) to manage ESG strategies, processes, and policies implementation across the real estate portfolio, collaborating with external providers and cross-functionally with internal teams. They will support transaction and asset management processes, including collection of data, coordination of initiatives and reporting. The ESG Associate will further support the Global Head in internal engagement efforts.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Assist the ESG Head in liaising with Real Estate Division teams and external suppliers to manage, coordinate and monitor implementation and progress of ESG initiatives, including employee education and engagement
- Assist the ESG Head in responding to due diligence questionnaires and requests for information from investors
- Assist the ESG Head in responding to external voluntary and mandatory ESG reporting (GRESB, PRI, NZAMI, TCFD, SFDR, DWS Annual Report, etc) and award applications
- Assist the ESG Head in collaboration with internal ESG teams and working groups in other parts of the business (Global Sustainability Council/Office, Product ESG, net zero working group)
- Assist the ESG Head in preparation and delivery of ESG related content, such as presentations, procedures, templates, teaching, etc.
- Assist the ESG Head to steer ESG suppliers and consultants, and their collaboration with property and asset managers and engineering teams for data collection, and implementation of sustainability audits, projects and building certifications.
- Keep up to date on the ESG industry and regulatory trends
Your Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on Environmental Science, Architecture, Engineering, Energy Management, Real Estate, Sustainability, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an ESG field.
- Familiarity with building systems and local/state benchmarking regulations, Green Building Certifications including LEED, BREEAM, WELL, and Fitwel, ENERGY STAR, and key ESG standards including GRI, TCFD, and SASB
- Familiarity with key ESG reporting standards GRESB, PRI, TCFD, GRI, etc.
- Strong self-motivation, independence and leadership skills
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication, presentation, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong customer service orientation and business acumen
- Proficiency with MS Office suite