DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world’s leading asset managers with EUR 833bn of assets under management (as of 30 September 2022). Building on more than 60 years of experience, it has a reputation for excellence in Germany, Europe, the Americas and Asia. DWS is recognised by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management – as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus – complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our investment approach strategically.
The Product Division (PD) is the product owner across the Front Office and is responsible for all project strategy, development and product management and is driving innovation in how we offer solutions to clients. As an ESG Product Specialist, you’ll be part of a team supporting the DWS Alternatives business and engaging closely with dedicated sales and investor relations specialists, product developers and product managers to drive the ESG agenda across our new and existing Alternative product range (Real Estate, Infrastructure, Private Equity, Private Debt and Sustainable Investments).
What we’ll offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That’s why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre. You can expect:
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide-ranging CSR programme + 2 days’ volunteering leave per year
Your key responsibilities:
- Providing subject matter expertise for the overall DWS Alternatives ESG/Impact program as well as specific product initiatives
- Supporting new product development support based on investor needs for ESG/Impact
- Driving broader technical ESG and Net Zero knowledge across the firm (e.g basic carbon counting and Net Zero implementation)
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders across Client Coverage, Product and Investments to act as an architect, coordinator or contributor for ESG product related queries
- Driving production and maintenance of relevant ESG product information for both internal and external use
- Supporting the delivery of communication, presentations, and updates to a broad range of stakeholders
- Driving forward innovation and continuous advancement of existing and new ESG/Impact related projects for the Alternatives platform
Your skills and experience:
- Proven experience across financial services with deep knowledge of the Private Markets industry
- Excellent knowledge around the topic of ESG/Sustainability within the investments industry and/or Impact investing
- Solid experience across disciplines including Investments, Sales/Coverage, Product, Structuring, Strategy Consulting will be considered
- Strong relationship building and networking skills with knowledge of Sales and/or client servicing experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial and innovative thinker, with the ability to bring forward and promote new ideas and initiatives
- Educated to degree level in a financial related subject or relevant professional experience
- Professional qualifications such as CAIA, CFA, CISI, CESGA would be beneficial
How we’ll support you:
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
DWS is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital/civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.