Website Dream Unlimited
Dream is looking for an Associate, Portfolio Management – Impact
We are always looking for the best and brightest to join our thriving community. Dream’s Impact Team is currently looking for an Associate, Portfolio Management responsible for financial modeling and corporate strategy across Dream’s Impact Trust and private Impact Fund.
Our ideal candidate possesses a strong financial modeling/technical background, understanding of both capital markets and private funds, real estate and business writing experience, and a passion for community building and socially responsible investing. Our ideal candidate can demonstrate their ability to synthesize large amounts of information to come to strategic, “high level” conclusions and observations, has a strong attention to detail, a proven ability to multi-task and experience in producing zero-defect work in high pressure situations.
Who are we?
Dream Unlimited Corp. is a leading developer of exceptional office and residential assets in Toronto, owns stabilized income generating assets in both Canada and the U.S., and has an established and successful asset management business, inclusive of $17 billion of assets under management across three Toronto Stock Exchange listed trusts, our private asset management business and numerous partnerships. We also develop land and residential assets in Western Canada. Dream Unlimited expects to generate more recurring income in the future as its urban development properties are completed and held for the long term. Dream Unlimited has a proven track record for being innovative and for our ability to source, structure and execute on compelling investment opportunities. For more information, please visit our website at www.dream.ca.
What is Dream Impact?
The Dream Impact Trust is a public real estate impact investing vehicle that targets projects that create positive and lasting impacts on communities and the environment, while achieving market returns. It provides investors with access to an exceptional portfolio of real estate development and income properties that would not be otherwise available in a public and fully transparent vehicle, managed by an experienced team with a successful track record in these areas.
Dream Impact Fund invests alongside Dream Impact Trust and provides a non-traded offering to investors that would like to access Dream’s portfolio of investments.
With our enhanced focus on impact investing, we are aligning all of our efforts around our core mission — building better communities for people to live, work, and play in — which will result in a better investment for our unitholders.
What does this role entail?
Below are some of the primary responsibilities the successful candidate will be taking on in this role:
- This will include managing the corporate model for both Dream Impact Trust and Dream Impact Fund, assisting with preparation of annual business plans and capital deployment and investment budgets, quarterly Board/investor reporting, and liquidity management.
- In addition, this role will support a variety of initiatives including fundraising, investor relations, and ad-hoc sensitivity analyses required in the evaluation of various capital allocation, portfolio construction, and other strategic decisions.
- The candidate will also support the analysis and research of new investment fund ideas.
- This person will participate in property and asset level discussions and meetings to expand knowledge of real estate asset management and support asset decision making. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for communicating with various leaders across all the business lines within Dream.
- This role offers room for growth and increasing responsibility over time.
What type of experience should I have?
These are some of the things we would like you to bring to the table:
- 3-5 years of experience in a corporate finance or related role (i.e. equity research, FP&A, transactions, portfolio management, valuations, etc.)
- Strong technical and financial modeling background through acquired experience
- Excellent and proven business writing capabilities
- In-depth knowledge of the Canadian public real estate sector, capital markets, investor relations and corporate finance concepts.
- Candidates with a CPA, CFA or CBV designation (or pursuit thereof) will be preferred.
We look forward to hearing from you, but please note; due to the high volume of applications, only candidates who qualify will be contacted.
Dream Unlimited is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process