Insurer | Asset Manager
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
Working Arrangement Hybrid
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering Director, ESG Corporate Finance Asia with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
We Are Looking For Someone With
- Minimum 7 years of investment or fund management experience, experience with environmentally sensitive sectors, and/or direct experience with investments and environmental policy.
- Meaningful experience in finance and/or governance & sustainability, including accounting standard, reporting and regulatory framework pertaining to ESG & sustainability.
- Comprehensive understanding of asset management and financial markets, with the ability to demonstrate the investment relevance of ESG issues.
- Results oriented with excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong teamwork, communication and influencing skills when working with a range of stakeholders across the globe.
- Dynamic and passionate with a strong business acumen, collaborative nature, and strategic mindset.
- Undergraduate and/or postgraduate qualifications
On The Job You Will
- Lead and oversee ESG-related aspects of investing, portfolio management and reporting activities for Asia General Account Investments, bridging and balancing the various requirements within the region while aligning with broader Group and Corporate directions. As part of this, the different ESG circumstances across Asia must be assessed and evaluated from business, economic and risk perspectives.
- Contribute towards ESG target setting, policy development and process management related to ESG matters in Asia. This will include coordination with other internal groups/ divisions including the Manulife life insurance companies across Asia, regarding ESG issues in relation to the broader investment management process and ensure the GA ESG strategy appropriately reflects the business goals of the organization.
- Design and assist in the education of the General Account Investments group as well as support investment analysts as they seek to engage collaboratively with portfolio companies.
- Formalize an appropriate framework to gather information and report on engagement efforts to Portfolio Management, Risk and management.
- Coordinate and lead bespoke assignments and projects related to ESG initiatives as needed, including the regulatory reporting required by the Manulife life insurance companies in the region.
- Develop and maintain a strong external network of sustainability leaders at peer companies.
- Represent the Asia General Account Investments at industry events and interact with companies and external bodies regarding ESG issues when needed.
Our commitment to you
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at www.manulife.com/en/careers/why-join-us.html
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock And Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and education savings plans. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.