Website RS Group
RS Group is looking to hire a full-time Director/Associate Director of Investments. We are a Hong Kong-based family office focused on sustainable development since 2010. Through our investments and philanthropic activities, we aim to generate strong social, environmental and financial returns.
The Director/Associate Director of Investments, based in Hong Kong, will be responsible for overseeing RS Group’s global investment portfolio, with a focus on public market investments. This person will be in charge of further developing the investment strategy and selecting and monitoring appropriate investments for its implementation. He/she will work closely with RS Group’s Managing Director, alongside other investment team members as well as the group’s overseas advisors.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced investment all-rounder, e.g. with a background in wealth management, private banking, investment consulting, portfolio management, and a keen interest in ESG and impact investing to join a mission driven and passionate pioneering team in the sector.
This role will be dynamic, and the person will have opportunities to be involved in various projects and initiatives of RS Group. Thus, we welcome applications from individuals who enjoy new challenges and developing new skill sets. In addition to overseeing the investment portfolios, the person will also be exposed to activities on the grantmaking side and other programs managed by RS Group. This role will also provide an opportunity to contribute to the ESG and impact investing ecosystem in Hong Kong and Asia, while broadening one’s exposure and network in the ESG and impact space both regionally and globally.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Working alongside the executive team in Hong Kong and overseas advisors, this role will be responsible for a wide range of investment activities, including:
Investment Portfolio Management (65%)
- Further developing the investment strategies for different accounts. Recommending and implementing adjustments to investment policies, governance frameworks and investment processes.
- Active oversight of global multi-asset portfolios managed by external banks, platforms and fund managers. This includes tasks such as monitoring the overall asset allocation, consolidated portfolio reporting, liquidity planning, managing rebalancings, monitoring and regular reviews of underlying banks, platforms and managers.
- Leading the selection of new managers, service providers and investments. Providing research and analytical support for their evaluation, due diligence and ESG and impact analysis.
- Working closely with RS Group’s Managing Director, investment team members, overseas advisors, the wider family office, as well as external service providers.
- Leading communication and preparation of materials for weekly team meetings, investment committee and board meetings, and interaction with internal administrative teams.
- Preparing all materials and moderating investment advisory board and investment team meetings, providing input to other teams and to the annual strategy retreats of RS Group.
- Representing RS Group (participant or speaking capacity) in external networking meetings and events with a focus on networking with the asset management, ESG and impact investing community.
Strategy & Research (30%)
- Participate in projects aimed at developing innovative impact strategies for RS Group (utilizing both investment and philanthropic capital, and including the deployment of catalytic capital).
- Participate in or be exposed to RS Group’s overall activities (including philanthropic and advocacy initiatives)
- Support ad hoc assignments.
Knowledge Management & Convening (5%)
- Keeping content up-to-date (including minute taking, budgets, update contact list, filing of reports etc.).
- Assisting in coordinating routine activities including monthly investment calls, annual team meetings, internal review and reporting materials.
Development opportunities include:
- Opportunity to start or further develop a career in the family office world with one of the leading ESG and Impact investors in Asia.
- Further develop skills and networks both in Asia and internationally in the ESG/sustainable/ impact investing space (including regular interaction with leading investment managers, intermediaries, foundations, family offices etc.).
- Build in-depth experience in managing global multi-assets portfolios and selecting/monitoring external service providers.
- Acquire in-depth experience in diligencing, vetting and monitoring ESG and impact strategies in the context of global portfolios.
- Participate in local and overseas conferences, workshops and events to stay updated on the latest trends and developments.
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience and comfort with overseeing multi-asset portfolios (monitoring, selection of new service providers and managers, reporting) across different asset classes and economic cycles.
- Experience with public market investments (public equity, fixed income) and ability to source, conduct due diligence and monitor such investments.
- Experience in ESG/sustainable/ impact investing experience is a plus, but not critical if there is a strong passion and desire to learn.
- Excellent project management skills with an attention to detail.
- Comfortable and able to perform in an unstructured small-team environment, and flexible to manage a variety of projects in a timely and disciplined manner.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written). Able to work independently and proactively ask questions.
- An analytical mindset, both qualitative and quantitative. Can think broadly with an ability to switch between strategic and practical thinking.
- Discrete individual with ability to handle confidential information.
Education and experience
- Min. 13+ years prior working experience relevant for the Director position, mainly in Finance (Wealth Management, Private Banking, Asset Management, etc.). Candidates with fewer years of experience are also welcome to apply and may be considered for an Associate Director position.
- Previous experience in a family office environment would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or above (CFA is a plus).
- Good command of written and spoken English (Chinese is a plus).
- Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Interested parties please submit your CV, a brief cover letter along with your expected salary and available start date to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title as the subject of the e-mail, before September 16th, 2022.