Website United Overseas Bank (UOB)
Bank | Asset Manager
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About The Department
UOB Venture Management Private Limited (UOBVM) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB). Since 1992, UOBVM has been providing direct equity investment to privately-held companies in Southeast Asia and Greater China. We advocate responsible investing through impact investments and integrating Environmental, Social and Governance considerations into our investment process. UOBVM is a signatory of the Operating Principles for Impact Management and the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment. Our assets under management is in excess of S$2 billion.
UOBVM is the fund manager for the Asia Impact Investment Fund series and we have an opening for an experienced and self-driven professional to join us in our Singapore office, in the investment team for impact investments.
As a member of the impact investing team, you will be responsible for all aspects of making impact investments. These include sourcing and evaluating investment deals, negotiation, deal structuring, due diligence, portfolio monitoring, value creation as well as preparing the portfolio companies for liquidity events.
The candidate will also be expected to be involved in ESG activities, impact assessment and liaison with internal and external stakeholders in the impact and sustainability space. A key part of the job is to establish good network and contacts within the region to achieve our investment and impact objectives. Travel on a regular basis within the region is expected.
- A good degree from a recognized university. Those with a postgraduate qualification such as MBA, CPA or CFA would have an advantage
- At least 8-10 years’ relevant experience either in private equity/venture capital investments or investment banking or financial advisory
- Preferably with ESG investing or impact investment experience or strong impact investing interest
- Experience in healthcare, education, financial inclusion or agriculture would be an advantage
- Good business development and analysis skills with an understanding of the ASEAN market, strong network of business contacts and ability to source deals within the region
- Strong communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.