Bank | Asset Manager
At Desjardins, we believe in equity, diversity and inclusion. We’re committed to welcoming, respecting and valuing people for who they are as individuals, learning from their differences, embracing their uniqueness, and providing a positive workplace for all. At Desjardins, we have zero tolerance for discrimination of any kind. We believe our teams should reflect the diversity of the members, clients and communities we serve.
If there’s something we can do to help make the recruitment process or the job you’re applying for more accessible, let us know. We can provide accommodations at any stage in the recruitment process. Just ask!
A leader in investment in Québec, Desjardins Capital is one of the most active investors in the market. A true lever for entrepreneurship, it offers strategic and financial support to growing businesses and contributes to the sustainable prosperity of local people and communities.
Desjardins Capital has more than 50 years of expertise, $3 billion invested in more than 750 companies, and a growing team of 140 professionals established throughout Quebec.
As an intern in sustainable investment, you will join a team under the Business Expertise and Performance Vice Presidency of Desjardins Capital. You will work closely with the Senior Advisor, Sustainable Investment, whose main mission is to act as an internal and external consultant on issues related to environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors. You will work on the implementation of a diagnostic process for partner companies in the portfolio.
General Information on the Position
- Support the Senior Advisor, Sustainable Investment in the implementation of Desjardins Capital’s ESG strategy
- Develop and maintain the necessary tools for ESG diagnostics of partner companies
- Conduct ESG diagnostics with designated partner companies
- Monitor ESG-related performance indicators
- Monitor ESG standards, requirements and regulations.
Other Working Conditions
- The work arrangement for the position is hybrid work
- Temporary work: scheduled to end on September 02, 2023
- Number of jobs available: 1
- You are a student in a program of study related to sustainable development, responsible investment or in an appropriate discipline
- You are eligible for a recognized or credited internship activity as part of your program of study
- Experience working in data analysis functions (an asset)
- Mastery of the Office suite (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
Desjardins Cross-sector Skills
Action oriented, Customer Focus, Differences, Nimble learning
Key competencies for the job
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.