Website Export and Investment Fund of Denmark
Are you a driven and proactive individual with a passion for identifying and nurturing investment opportunities? Do you have a strong financial acumen and a deep commitment to sustainable practices? We are searching for the right person to join our team at Denmark’s Export & Investment Fund (EIFO) – the Danish Sovereign Investment Fund – as an Investment Manager in the Green Transition Team, Direct Investments. You will play a pivotal role in advancing our mission towards a greener and more sustainable future by engaging with start-ups, leading investments, and contributing to the growth of the start-up and venture ecosystem in Denmark. Your efforts will fuel the transition to a low-carbon economy by investing in the green companies of tomorrow.
About The Green Transition Team
The Green Transition Team is at the forefront of aligning EIFO’s investment strategy with green technologies, renewable energy, and sustainable companies that promote carbon reduction and ecological balance. We invest across all stages from pre-seed to growth and are active across the verticals of Agri, Food, and Energy. We co-invest with Danish as well as global VCs, CVCs, and family offices, and are very active across the entire ecosystems. We are a core team of 9 with very diverse backgrounds and a larger team of 60 dedicated employees in the entire investment department.
About the job
You’ll play an instrumental role in scouting for exciting green investment opportunities across startup, scaleup, and growth companies in Denmark. You’ll – together with a strong deal team – lead the investment process, through due diligence and all the way to the signed transaction and the subsequent active ownership as a Board member in the companies.
Role and Responsibilities
As an Investment Manager in the Green Transition Team, you will:
- Independently identify, cultivate, and pursue investment opportunities in the green technology, renewable energy, and sustainable sectors.
- Lead the investment process from origination to execution, including conducting thorough due diligence, financial analysis, and risk assessments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess potential risks and returns and provide well-informed investment recommendations aligned with our green transition objectives.
- Stay abreast of market trends, policy changes, and technological advancements in the green economy, shaping investment strategies accordingly.
- Innovate and structure financial arrangements that drive sustainable growth and adhere to environmental, social, and governance (ESG) standards.
- Prepare and present compelling investment proposals, presentations, and reports for internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Over time build up your own portfolio of companies and have an active role as a Board member providing valuable input and support to the companies.
- Foster relationships with external partners, including Danish and international VCs, start-ups, accelerators, academia, and industry experts, to enhance our network and seize emerging opportunities.
- Master’s degree in finance, Economics, Business, Environmental Sciences, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in venture capital, private equity, or related roles, showcasing a successful track record of deal origination and execution.
- Strong understanding of financial modeling, valuation techniques, and risk analysis.
- Enthusiasm for sustainable investing and a deep curiosity about green technologies and environmental trends.
- Outstanding collaboration skills, enabling effective and long-lasting relationship building.
- Robust project management skills and experience collaborating with many external stakeholders.
- Self-driven and adaptable team player, thriving in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
This role provides a unique opportunity to complement your theoretical knowledge with practical experience in venture capital. You will enjoy a diverse range of responsibilities in a dynamic and ambitious organization. Our culture values teamwork, openness, and trust, fostering an informal yet driven environment.
If you’re ready to leverage your investment expertise to advance green initiatives and lead the investment lifecycle, we encourage you to apply.
Join our dedicated team that drives the green transition and be a part of shaping the global environment and economy.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please feel free to contact hiring manager, Sara Sande, Investment Director & Head of The Green Transition Team, Direct Investments. She can be reached at: +45 2780 5018 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please upload your application, CV, and diploma as soon as possible and no later than September 18th, 2023. Interviews are held regularly.
Denmark’s Export and Investment Fund (EIFO) was formed by merging EKF, the Growth Fund, and Denmark’s Green Investment Fund. Our aim is to provide Danish companies a unified platform for government financing, supporting entrepreneurs, SMEs, and export companies in their growth and expansion endeavors.