Website CPP Investments
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $500 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to reach $3 trillion by 2050. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A flexible/hybrid work environment combining in office collaboration and remote working
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
CPP Investments’ Sustainable Energies Group (SEG) combines the organization’s expertise in renewables, conventional energy and new technology and service solutions to position CPP Investments as the leading global energy investor. SEG has approximately $32 billion in assets, making it highly competitive and flexible in the large and dynamic global energy sector.
SEG takes advantage of growing market opportunities as the energy sector evolves and global power demand grows, especially for low-carbon energy alternatives. The group holds a diversified portfolio primarily comprised of long-term tangible assets, including renewable energy sources such as wind, solar and hydro, as well as conventional power, upstream oil & gas, energy midstream, carbon capture and Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG). It also invests in areas of innovation, technology and services to the energy industries and manages agriculture investments.
The Analyst will provide support in building and executing the Sustainable Energies Group strategy and drive investment results:
- Support the execution of new investments opportunities with focus in North America
- Support asset management in North America, building and leveraging the competencies of the Sustainable Energies Group team
- Work effectively with Sustainable Energies Group team members, investment committees and other parts of CPP Investments
- Be part of a global team, participating in global strategic initiatives and staffing model
- Be a strong culture carrier within the Sustainable Energies Group team, demonstrating CPP Investments’ guiding principles and the Sustainable Energies Group’s core principles of innovation, collaboration, transparency and mutual respect
The Analyst will have an opportunity to demonstrate and develop the following competencies:
- Strong deal execution capabilities. Ability to liaise with external advisors (particularly investment banks) and coordinate deal execution
- Ability to concurrently research, analyse and evaluate a variety of sustainable energy investment opportunities; as well as to perform due diligence on opportunities including past and projected financial performance, quality of management teams, investment merits and risks, expected returns, regulatory environment, industry dynamics and other relevant factors
- Experience in reviewing 3rd party due diligence reports (accounting, industry strategic reviews, environmental, etc.)
- Experience meeting with prospective companies’ management and review past performance, strategy, outlook, regulatory and industry issues, and other relevant topics as required
Asset Management and Value Creation
- Monitor ongoing financial and operational performance of existing Sustainable Energies Group investments, as well as support day-to-day execution
- With support from the Sustainable Energies Group and Portfolio Value Creation teams, identify and bring insights to the team’s value creation work (including execution plans)
- Assist in performing valuation reviews for Sustainable Energies Group investments
Team Building, Development and Engagement
- Build and manage relationships with CPP Investments’ internal teams and portfolio companies’ management teams
- Demonstrated interpersonal effectiveness, in terms of upwards management and establishing relationship with other team members
- Participate in and contribute to weekly Sustainable Energies Group meetings
Strong Culture Carrier
- Demonstrate the Guiding Principles and promote them in the Sustainable Energies Group and in CPP Investments
- Foster innovation, entrepreneurship and knowledge sharing. Act inclusively with colleagues and promote a culture of collaboration, transparently and mutual respect
Deal Assessment and Relationship Management
- Ability to build relationships across cultures/geographies, including with key advisors/partners/management teams
- Assess relative value and risks, help deal teams quickly analyse and screen markets and investment opportunities
- Liaise with investment partners (other investors) and advisors (financial, industry specialists, etc.)
- At least one year of experience in investment banking or private equity with exposure to sustainable energy investments/transactions being advantageous
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for investing
- Strong research, financial modelling, analytical and valuation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-office (preferably global) matrix organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and business relationship skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Flexibility, adaptability and initiative
- Additional languages are an asset
- Professionalism and integrity
- Flexibility, adaptability, initiative and creativity
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Good judgement
- Team player who enjoys a high-performance culture
- Willingness to travel
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
Mandatory Vaccine Policy
All employees in the Toronto, Sydney and Hong Kong offices will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations to this policy will be made for medical or other protected grounds. Please contact us to discuss any accommodation needs.