Your Team Responsibilities
The Climate Data and Content Services team is responsible for research and assessment of carbon footprint and business initiatives related to climate change for approximately 20,000 companies globally. The team’s subject of research is focused on climate -related metrics, including carbon emissions, energy performance, and climate change targets and commitments, using a variety of sources, such as annual reports, sustainability reports, quantitative data feeds from third-party data providers, news publications, and other company disclosures. The Climate Data is supporting a broad range of solutions across ESG & Climate, Index, Analytics and Private Asset product lines.
What We Will Offer You
- At MSCI, we provide competitive benefits programs in every region in which we do business. While our benefits plans vary in availability in our different locations, we offer a broad range of benefits that are part of the value you receive as a MSCI employee. Wherever you are with us, you will find benefits that can help ensure your health and well-being and contribute to your financial security.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead the content development for Climate Data Content and Services, in close collaboration with our Climate Research and Products functions to meet current and future client requirements
- Drive the operational implementation of the data collection and calculations needed for new products, coordinating with various Data and Engineering teams
- Deliver production requirements in adherence to timeliness and quality SLAs
- Manage a growing team of Climate content experts based in Manila, to be expanded to other regions
- Engage with clients and issuers on climate data development, quality, and coverage needs
- Enhance the team’s governance processes to ensure methodologies and processes are managed effectively and efficiently
- Stay abreast of critical climate-related regulations globally to anticipate future data needs
- Act as a senior representative of MSCI and its values
- Lead the function for growth: put the right structure in place, hire the next in lines, rationalize the work
Your Skills And Experience That Will Help You Excel
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in statistics, finance, sustainability, environmental science or any related degrees
- At least 15 years working experience in climate change data research and analysis, ESG investing, or corporate sustainability research
- Deep knowledge of climate change issues and regulations, including carbon offsets, climate reporting standards (e.g. TCFD) and frameworks (e.g. IPCC, UNFCCC, etc.)
- Focus on execution; data- and metrics-driven
- Leadership skills and developing talent
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Anticipate problems and opportunities, and flexible to adapt to new challenges
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders in a collaborative global team environment
- Passion, creativity, and attention to details
- Absolute respect for people and ability to motivate content expert teams
About MSCI And Our Teams
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit https://careers.msci.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.