Bank | Asset Manager
The Sustainable Finance Reporting Analyst is a member of Citi’s Sustainability & ESG team within Global Public Affairs, which is responsible for the development and execution of Citi’s Sustainable Progress Strategy, Net Zero Plan, and related key initiatives. The Sustainability & ESG team manages environmental, climate change, human rights and other stakeholder and business issues in partnership with Citi’s businesses, risk functions and operational teams. The analyst reports to the VP, Sustainability & ESG, who reports to the Head of Sustainability Strategy who in turn reports to Citi’s Chief Sustainability Officer.
- Support data tracking, analysis, financial accounting and reporting efforts for Citi’s $1 Trillion Sustainable Finance Goal
- Support impact measurement and reporting for Citi’s sustainable finance activities, including the $1 Trillion Sustainable Finance Goal
- Contribute to due diligence processes and prepare transactions for goal eligibility assessments
- Research key sustainability issues for different companies/sectors and track sustainable finance product innovation, industry guidelines, and impact measurement methodologies
- Track examples, create case studies and narratives to highlight the firm’s sustainable finance transactions
- Perform data analysis and visualization to interpret and present data used for internal reporting and external disclosures
- Support ongoing improvement and streamlining of data tracking processes and internal controls for data integrity
- Develop presentation materials and create talking points on sustainability and ESG-related topics for engagement with internal and external stakeholders, and support and track follow up activity
- Provide support to team priorities related to Citi’s sustainability strategy and key initiatives, stakeholder engagement, employee engagement and data reporting and disclosure
- Undertake research projects and benchmarking analysis as needed on sustainability and ESG-related topics and themes, including facilitating outreach to Citi banking teams to help steward due diligence processes
- Provide summaries, evaluations and analysis on relevant policy or market-related sustainability developments
- Support efforts to drive forward Citi’s climate change strategy, including through quantitative analysis
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience in sustainability, ESG, finance, investing or markets-related role
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent analytical skills, proficient in Excel modelling and comfortable analyzing large datasets and portraying and explaining complex data trends to others
- Strong research and investigative skills, ability to evaluate and assess complex topics and creatively problem-solve
- Exceptional work ethic, ability to work under deadline and strong attention to detail
- Strong program management skills, including the ability to create work plans and meet deadlines
- Expertise in PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team
- Self-starter and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Master’s Degree related to sustainability, environmental science, business or finance
- Familiarity with financial instruments and transaction due diligence processes
- Experience with integrating data pipelines with front-end applications and business intelligence tools
- Advanced data analysis capabilities and software experience, including advanced knowledge of Excel for data analysis and visualization (e.g. power query, advanced formulas, pivot tables, macros/VBA) and/or knowledge of other relevant programs and workflow tools
- Experience with bulk financial markets data
Job Family Group:
Project and Program Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.