Job Id: 23631965
The Assistant Vice President (AVP), Sustainable Finance Metrics & Reporting Analyst, is a key member of Citi’s Sustainability & ESG team and plays a vital role in its sustainable finance tracking and reporting efforts. The Sustainability & ESG Team is responsible for the development and execution of Citi’s global sustainability strategy and related key initiatives across the bank. The team manages environment, climate change, human rights and other stakeholder and business issues in partnership with Citi’s businesses, risk functions and operational teams.
The AVP Analyst will contribute to the execution of Citi’s $1 Trillion Sustainable Finance commitment and will help support the integration of sustainability and ESG considerations across our core businesses through financial product and transaction review and tracking ESG-focused trends and research. The AVP Analyst reports to the SVP, Sustainable Finance Metrics and Impact Lead, who reports to the Head of Sustainability Strategy within Enterprise Services and Public Affairs.
The ideal candidate will be able to apply project management experience, data analysis and written and verbal communication skills across a range of assignments that help position Citi as a sustainable finance and disclosure leader.
- Help support sustainable finance initiatives across Citi’s lines of business and support transaction review and reporting efforts for Citi’s sustainable finance goal
- Perform and document in-depth eligibility assessments for potential transactions
- Help manage data tracking, analysis, financial and impact accounting, and reporting efforts for Citi’s sustainable finance goal
- Research and produce summaries/internal resources/insights on critical ESG or sustainable finance topics, issues, or products
- Develop presentation materials and create talking points on sustainability, sustainable finance, and other ESG-related topics for engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Help maintain and update Citi’s internal guidance materials for the $1 Trillion Sustainable Finance Goal. Keep up to date on regulatory taxonomies and industry guidelines/publications to inform internal screening criteria
- Be able to engage with Citi businesses on ESG or sustainability considerations for client profiles and transactions (including KPIs and industry/sector-specific reviews)
- Support impact measurement for sustainable finance activities
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in finance, sustainability, ESG, investing, economics or markets-related role
- Demonstrated knowledge of sustainability issues and strategies
- Fundamental knowledge and interest in banking and finance products and terminology; working knowledge of sustainable finance, capital markets products, and ESG topics pertaining to the banking and financial services industry preferred
- Strong analytical, research and investigative skills, ability to evaluate and assess complex topics and creatively problem solve
- Strong program management skills, including the ability to create and execute work plans
- Exceptional work ethic, with the ability to multi-task and work in a high-performance professional environment under tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint required
- A team player, with a good sense of humor
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field required
- Master’s degree in business, sustainability or environmental science preferred
Job Family Group:
Project and Program Management
New York New York United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$95,640.00 – $143,460.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting