Bank | Asset Manager
Job Id: 23693984
We are seeking a highly motivated, inspirational self-starter to join the Citi Impact Fund investment team and be an integral member of the Citi’s Community Investing & Development department. Founded in 2020, the Citi Impact Fund is an initiative dedicated to investing in innovative, double bottom line startups that are developing solutions for the world’s most pressing challenges. Based in New York, the candidate will work alongside members of the investment team on all aspects of sourcing, strategy, diligence, portfolio management and partnership activities with the impact investing and startup community. In addition, this person will partner with subject matter experts within ESPA and across the bank to drive connectivity among all innovation areas within the firm.
The Citi Impact Fund is focused on driving solutions in four key investment areas, including:
- Climate resilience: solutions for circular economy, climate justice, access to clean energy, food systems and waste reduction, and carbon reduction
- Financial inclusion: solutions for wealth creation and empowering consumers to navigate the financial system
- Social infrastructure: solutions to improve equity and access in housing, transportation, and healthcare
- Future of work: solutions for frontline and nonstandard workers, upskilling, and income growth
In addition to its double bottom line approach, the Fund is also focused on addressing inequities in access to capital across the venture and startup ecosystems. As the first large U.S. bank to commit balance sheet capital to impact investing, Citi is focused on pioneering to deploy private capitalto make a positive impact on society.
Citi’s Impact Investing team works in partnership with other functions within the firm to manage the Fund, including all origination, due diligence, underwriting, closing, and monitoring of the investments. We leverage each organization’s business capabilities to accelerate our portfolio companies’ growth by providing financing, commercialization, marketing and other business solutions that enhance the value of our invested dollars. Investments currently target U.S.-based companies that are applying innovative solutions to help address four primary societal challenge areas, with a particular focus on supporting businesses founded or led by women/minority entrepreneurs.
- Screen and track deal flow through market research, thesis development and by developing relationships within the impact and venture capital community
- Lead key pieces of diligence on prospective investment opportunities, prepare investment memorandums, prepare financial models and present to internal investment committee and oversee approval processes
- Work cross functionally within the firm to solve various workstreams in a proactive manner and maintain close relationships and build trust with business partners internally to understand business needs and dynamics
- Maintain strong knowledge of and relationships with key impact investing, entrepreneurship and venture capital ecosystem players
- Represent Citi at various impact investing, venture capital, and startup ecosystem events
Portfolio Support and Management
- Manage and track portfolio company financial and impact results, and prepare quarterly portfolio reviews and analyses
- Lead analysis and data projects for Citi risk and control functions and firm-wide reporting needs
- Support portfolio companies by attending founder meetings and enabling partnerships across Citi to help support their growth
- 2+ years of experience in venture investing (venture capital or growth equity firm), investment banking, or operating roles within a growth stage venture
- Strong preference for direct, early-stage impact investing experience in at least one of Citi Impact Fund’s key verticals; specific experience or interest in impact investing strongly preferred
- Clear passion for social impact
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in technical/analytical discipline
- Attention to detail and desire to deliver high quality work products that drive key decisions
- Confident interpersonal skills and comfort contributing to discussions at senior levels
- Natural curiosity for learning new things and proactively sharing information with others
- Strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion and ability to prioritize assignments and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and a professional network in the venture or impact investing ecosystem
Job Family Group:
Communications and External Relations
New York New York United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$95,640.00 – $143,460.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting