Bank | Asset Manager
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
The CIBC Summer Internship Program is designed to offer great work experience to complement students’ classroom training and career goals. Throughout the summer, interns will meet with our executive leadership team, network with employees and fellow interns, and participate in community outreach. We are devoted to finding, selecting, and training interns who will make a positive impact on our company while offering a full learning experience. Our Interns will work alongside a lean, proven team of investment professionals, gaining technical and analytical skills.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work in close partnership with the ESG Resource Group on various roles to develop and advance the ESG & Impact Investing landscape at CIBC Private Wealth Management.
- Assist in conducting due diligence, internal and external research and analysis on ESG and Impact investing.
- Help to create decision-useful materials for firm-wide and external use.
Who You Are
- Interest in the ESG and Impact investing space
- Familiarity with common ESG frameworks (SASB, TCFD, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects within specified time horizons
- Ability to complete research independently while maintaining a strong capacity to work collaboratively in a team setting
- To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree, with an expected graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024
How You Succeed
- You’re digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You’re confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don’t. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You have passion and are motivated with high career aspirations. Must be capable of assuming significant levels of responsibility for assignments to be completed within short time frames.
- You’re driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home.
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity.
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training.
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan.
CIBC’s Summer Internship program runs for 10 weeks beginning in June 2023 through August. During this time, you will have access to training opportunities, mentorship, and leadership support.Our leaders are invested in your success during your internship. Our goal is to ensure you have all tools necessary to take advantage of the robust opportunities at hand, resulting in a great summer experience.
What You Need To Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
DC-1201 F St, Ste 900
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Environmental Social And Governance (ESG)