CGAP is seeking a consultant to conduct research to reflect on what is working and not working in measuring and managing the impact of inclusive finance investments. The primary objective of this R&D is to inform CGAP on current practices and lessons learned from impact investors into measuring and managing outcomes in inclusive finance and assess if there are any interventions by which CGAP could add value. The work will (i) identify good practices of impact investors who are measuring and managing outcomes; (ii) assess the strengths and weaknesses of approaches deployed by impact investors to measure and manage inclusive finance outcomes; and (iii) understand the challenges and gaps impact investors have in measuring and managing inclusive finance outcomes.
This is a 40-day assignment.
This a remote position and the consultant can be based anywhere.
Deadline for application is July 7, 2023.
The consultant will be engaged in the following types of work, per agreement with the Task Manager:
- Lead, in collaboration with the Project TTL, a R&D exercise that includes desk research, literature review, landscaping, and stakeholder interviews.
- Work with Project TTL to clearly define scope of analysis of case studies, case study selection, coordinate with vendor, and connect case studies to R&D findings
- Coordinate with other relevant CGAP projects to identify synergies
- Support the conceptualization and drafting of a knowledge product framing the key elements and relationships to drive further focus on outcomes from investors in inclusive finance.
- Work closely with team members to help identify and secure partnership opportunities.
- Support the team in shaping its strategy and general project administration, such as contributions to the Project Concept Note, Influence and Results Strategy, and regular reporting.
- Lead, in collaboration with the Project TTL, in drafting key deliverables (e.g. blogs, slide decks, focus notes and technical guides)
- Possibly, on the direction of the TTL, represent CGAP at regional meetings and events, while also cultivating and maintaining relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
- Masters (or equivalent experience) in finance, economics, business, or related field;
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in the areas of microfinance, digital finance, impact investing, gender lens investing, impact measurement and management
- Demonstrated deep technical expertise in impact measurement and management in inclusive finance
- Demonstrated research experience
- Systems thinker and track record of synthesizing complex insights into engaging written reports, presentations, and blog posts
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and efficiently complete assignments
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English, including the ability to influence and persuade others to accept ideas and suggestions (such as counterparts in the private sector, CGAP member organizations, and CGAP colleagues, senior staff, and managers)
- Self-starter, mature and flexible personality; able to work in multicultural, fast-paced team