Website Cerberus Capital Management
Founded in 1992, Cerberus is a global leader in alternative investing with approximately $60 billion in assets across complementary credit, private equity, and real estate strategies. We invest across the capital structure where our integrated investment platforms and proprietary operating capabilities create an edge to improve performance and drive long-term value. Our tenured teams have experience working collaboratively across asset classes, sectors, and geographies to seek strong risk-adjusted returns for our investors. For more information about our people and platforms, visit us at www.cerberus.com.
Cerberus has a dedicated Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) team that is responsible for overseeing and implementing the Firm’s ESG policies and procedures. The Cerberus ESG team advises all of our investment desks (including, for example, Operational Private Equity, Real Estate, Global Credit, and Emerging Markets), and works closely with other functional areas of the firm (legal, compliance, operations) on ESG matters. The team’s responsibilities include monitoring industry and regulatory trends, coordinating ESG projects across the Firm and investment desks, collaborating with portfolio companies to monitor ESG performance and address areas of risk and value creation, analyzing and monitoring ESG data, preparing ESG reporting and communications, designing/leading cross-platform ESG initiatives, supporting investment desks on ESG policies and procedures, and conducting trainings throughout the Firm on ESG issues.
As an ESG & Sustainability Sr. Associate, you will be an ESG expert advising on a full spectrum of engagements.
- Support production and collection of data required for Cerberus’ reporting initiatives and requirements
- Conduct ESG due diligence to assess risk and value creation opportunities
- Evaluate portfolio companies’ Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) / Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program
- For portfolio companies:
- Support the build out of ESG framework and capabilities
- Understand business model and determine relevant metrics
- Identify data needed and build or improve data collection capabilities
- Analyze ESG data and identify opportunities for commercial benefit
- Engage with management on ESG matters
- Research and identify key regulatory requirements for applicable industries
- Research ESG trends and industry associations
- Develop case studies of ESG initiatives
- Work with outside consultants and vendors
- BS in Engineering, Earth Science, Sustainability Studies or another relevant field
- 3 – 6 years of ESG experience such as working for an industry or consulting company
- Experience would ideally focus on knowledge of ESG materiality assessments, sustainability data collection and reporting, data management, and/or risk management and value creation
- Experience with real estate investing and/or real property ESG matters is a plus
- Strong knowledge of standards such as TCFD, CDP, GRI, SASB, and GRESB, and ability to incorporate into investments and/or portfolio companies
- Familiarity with evolving ESG regulatory requirement (including in the US, UK, Europe and elsewhere)
- Strong, proven internal and external presentation skills (senior leadership, investor reporting, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking; experienced developing new reporting capabilities
- Experienced with managing multiple projects to completion
- Ability to take full ownership to see a project through; execute with limited direction
- Have a critical eye for formatting and editing documents, including the ability to correct grammar and syntax
- Flexible, meticulous, extremely well-organized, comfortable with change and ambiguity, self-starter and resourceful
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Suite: Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
The base salary for this position is expected to be between $110,000.00 and $140,000.00. The base salary offered to the chosen candidate will be commensurate with a candidate’s relevant experience and other qualifications for the position, as determined by the Company in its sole discretion. In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, which is often a meaningful portion of the compensation package, and a robust benefits package.work and be our best selves. Thus, our teams come into the office four days per week to harness the benefits of in-person collaboration, but have the flexibility to choose which days they work from home and adjust this arrangement as situational needs arise.
GIC is an equal opportunity employer
GIC is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please email email@example.com at any point of the application or interview process if adjustments need to be made due to a disability.
Learn more about our Enterprise Strategy Department here:
Our PRIME Values
GIC is a values driven organization. GIC’s PRIME Values act as our compass, enabling us to fulfil our fundamental purpose and objectives. It is the foundational bedrock which governs our behaviors, our decision making, and our focus. It informs both our long-term strategy as a firm, and the way we relate to our Client, business partners and employees. PRIME stands for Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence.