Website Cenovus Energy
Worker Type: Employee
Group: Community & Indigenous Affairs Department
Job Post End Date: 02/24/2024
About this opportunity:
At Cenovus, we play an important role in helping to solve some of society’s biggest challenges and are committed to making social investments to make people’s lives better. Our Social Investment Strategy is designed to fund and co-create inclusive solutions for society, the environment, and the economy, while also supporting our overall business strategy. We make purposeful investments of financial and human resources to help solve key social issues of importance to our partners and strengthen the communities where we operate.
The Social Investment Advisor role will lead social investment partnerships and implement specific enterprise programs and sponsorships. They will also be the primary point of contact to provide advice, counsel and support to our regional representatives around the world, to ensure investments are in alignment with global strategy and regional plans. Additionally, the advisor will lead on designing and implementing a reporting, measurement and evaluation structure for Social Investment; maintain the relationship with our technology platform, Benevity; and support on major projects by providing research, data analysis and overall project management supports.
The role is within the Community and Indigenous Affairs team and reports directly to the Manager, Social Investment.
What you’ll do:
- Handle select social investment partnerships, including partnership negotiations and activations
- Provide support and guidance to Cenovus’s regional social investment representatives on reviewing requests and partnership activations in alignment to enterprise strategies and regional plans
- Lead the design and implementation of a new social investment Measurement and Evaluation Framework, based on standard process models
- Design internal and external reporting structure to communicate impact and influence evidence-based decision making
- Analyze data and track performance metrics against program objectives for internal and external reporting. Also includes working with data sets to derive insights for decision-making and providing advice on solutions for operational improvements
- Assist with the overall management of the global Social Investment budgets by helping to prepare annual budget forecasts and submissions (enterprise and regional) and completes monthly and annual budget analysis and reporting
- Lead internal and external annual audits (e.g.: London Benchmarking Group) and produce final reports for public disclosure
- Lead end to end relationship with technology service providers (e.g.: Benevity) and finds opportunities to improve user experience, processes and realize efficiencies. Leads on major enhancement project planning and implementation
- Support on the planning and delivery of priority project plans for the broader social investment team by developing project plans, performing research and deriving insights to inform approach, and tracking and reporting on deliverables/results
- Develop and implement appropriate governance practices – includes annual review of policies, standards and operating guidelines and ensuring all operations of the function are carried out in accordance with applicable laws/regulatory requirements
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree is required, in the areas of business administration/commerce (e.g.: finance/accounting, marketing) non-profit management or related fields
- 5-7 years of demonstrated, progressive experience in related fields (e.g.: social investment, finance/accounting, marketing, non-profit sector)
- Skilled at community partnership negotiations and activating community partnerships and plans
- Skilled in project management – exemplary organizational skills with a keen eye for detail, excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize for impact and lead multiple initiatives at once
- Creative, critical and strategic problem solver – can easily work with data sets to derive insights and translate into proposed solutions, plans and reports
- Possess a strong understanding of budgeting and financial statements
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills – ability to work across teams and functions internally and with a cross section of external partners
- Understanding of Foundation operations/not for profit management, would be considered an asset
Note: The application deadline for this position is 11:59 PM MT FEBRUARY 23RD, 2024.
If you require accessibility assistance to complete the on-line application or otherwise apply for an open position with Cenovus, its subsidiaries and affiliates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal candidates that are currently in a lower grade will be assessed based on their sustained job performance, how they demonstrate the expected organizational competency behaviors and values and in discussions with their current leader prior to determining next steps.
Who we are:
We’re a Canadian-based integrated energy company headquartered in Calgary. We’re committed to maximizing value by sustainably developing our assets in a safe, innovative and cost-efficient manner, integrating environmental, social and governance considerations into our business plans.
We’ve been named a Top Alberta Employer for 2024, a designation recognizing organizations leading their industries in offering exceptional places to work.
Find Cenovus on Facebook, X, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
For more information, please visit cenovus.com
At Cenovus, we embrace diversity of thought, experience and backgrounds to help us make better business decisions, address our challenges, seize opportunities and unlock innovative solutions. We’re committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where people feel respected, valued and engaged. We strive for a collaborative, physically and psychologically safe environment where you can be yourself, feel a sense of belonging and thrive. For more information, including details on our inclusion and diversity targets and networks, visit Cenovus.com.
The requirements of this posting may be modified to support business needs. Title and compensation administration will be based on the skills and capabilities of the successful incumbent.
To be considered for a position, please click Apply and create an account or sign in to your Cenovus Careers profile.
Immediately following successful submission of your online application, you will receive an online notification confirming Cenovus’s receipt of your resume.
Only those applicants who apply directly to a posted position and are selected for an interview will be contacted. We will not accept agency or third-party candidate submissions.
To follow the status of your application, log in to your Cenovus Careers profile and click on the appropriate job under ‘My Applications’.
Interested in this opportunity? Click the Apply link.
If you are a CURRENT EMPLOYEE please apply by going to our Internal Career Site