Website Caspian Impact Investments
The Investment Associate/ Sr. Associate will be responsible to support all functions of the investment network including deal analysis, presentations, reporting & other investment related activities. He/ She will work with the management team to contribute to the firm building activities including organising events, establishing partnerships with academic/ institutional partners and onboarding investors.
Duties & Responsibilities
The candidate will be responsible for the following functions:
- Responsible for supporting in Investment Evaluation. Help preparing internal investment memos
- Build financial model, conduct primary and secondary research on sector and company, and conduct field visits, interviews with experts to develop views on company.
- Due Diligence: Work (with supervision) with external agencies for financial, commercial, legal and any other external due diligence as may be required.
- Documentation: Work with lawyers and the investment team for proper and timely execution of agreements.
- Pipeline tracking: Track and report key pipeline metrics, work with investment team to develop pipeline.
- Portfolio Monitoring & Reporting: Monitor and enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of business growth of investee companies. Portfolio Monitoring and Reporting.
- Preparation of Exit Memos, discussion with potential acquirers etc.
- Responsible for the preparation of Financial Modelling & valuation.
- Creating material that captures the essence of the funds that we manage / intend to launch in order to be shared with LPs
- Understanding the universe of LPs in India, their investment thesis, and alignment with Caspian strategies
- Maintaining relationships with existing LPs and building relationships with new LPs
- Keeping track of events and news in the sector including but not limited to conferences, conclaves, summits, capital raising developments in India
- Working with the investment team and sector specialists to build the investment thesis for future are looking for a candidate with minimum 2+ years of experience in the fields of Private Equity/Venture Capital, BFSI, consulting with a postgraduate degree from top-tier institutions.
Considering the nature of the role: The candidate should be outgoing, willing to take initiative in reaching out to various industry stakeholders and interacting directly with them, be eager to fast-track their learning of the impact investing sector. The candidate should also have a strong grasp on Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel, analytical in their approach, and be an excellent team player.
The candidate should be willing to travel moderately across metros in India and be willing to relocate to Hyderabad.