Website Capital One
Locations: VA – McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director, Social Impact Analytics and Advisory
External Affairs works with many external and internal stakeholders to envision and create a world of greater socioeconomic opportunity through advocating for an inclusive society, building thriving communities, and creating financial tools that enrich lives. Our teams include Communications, Community Impact and Investment, Community Finance, CRA Strategy and Program Management, the Government and Political Affairs Group, Regulatory Relations, and Strategy and Engagement. Through our teams, we have unparalleled access to a diverse group of motivated changemakers similarly focused on the ingredients for a more perfect future.
Our approach involves focusing on innovation and opportunity related to long term well being for our associates, customers, and communities. On the intersection between business and social impact. On disruption and dreaming of a better way. This is the language of changing things for the better. Of Capital One.
The Community Impact and Investment team contributes to a visible brand reputation that enables Capital One’s business strategy and creates impactful community outcomes through:
- fueling strategic community investments (e.g. grants, skills, loans)
- delivering insights, advice and resources that inform Capital One’s products and services
- activating the capabilities of “impact forward” associates
The Community Impact and Investment team supports Capital One through leading enterprise volunteerism, conducting market research, fostering community relationships, grant making, originating CDFI loans and partnering with and advising LOBs.
The Opportunity and Role:
Community Impact and Investment is kicking off a multiyear transformation to increasingly align business strategy and social impact; launch new, different, and more holistic approaches to investing in our communities; use Capital One’s volunteer time and talent in increasingly strategic ways; and use data, analytics, research, and inclusive design to inform more targeted and actionable consulting to our business partners on topics related to a broad view of financial inclusion.
We are seeking an empathetic and entrepreneurial Director to lead a well-managed and agile Social Impact Analytics and Advisory team. This tower is charged with providing analytics and consulting services that will contribute to a data-informed, market segment-focused, social investment strategy that generates significant and measurable outcomes through community and LOB partners to advance socioeconomic mobility in the community while maximizing impact for Capital One’s reputation and business agenda. This team is a team of collaborative, hard-working, creative problem solvers who proactively engage with CII, EA, and LOB partners to support their efforts to ignite transformational change. The Director will guide a team of analysts and build out the team’s capabilities to assess impact opportunities, identify upstream solutions, and develop distinctive social impact strategies.
In this role, you’ll be expected to demonstrate proficiency in four key areas:
Conducting Social Impact Analytics
- You and your team will leverage data and analysis to assess impact opportunities and help provide a clearer picture of how CII should target its investments, at what levels, and in which markets
- You’ll design and oversee the application of a range of analytical techniques including basic data analysis, exploratory data science, and modeling and prediction.
- You’ll leverage knowledge of Capital One businesses and the social impact ecosystem to gather, analyze, and report data in accessible ways through visualization and storytelling to meet the needs of CII, EA, and LOB partners.
- You’ll partner closely with other CII teams to continuously monitor the impact potential of investments throughout the phases of design, implementation, and measurement to understand which levers and solutions have the greatest return on investment in our target communities or market segments.
Consulting with a Range of LOB Partners
- Your team will play a critical role in the growth of the application of social impact analytics in CII and across the enterprise through case execution, client development, and strategy, program, and product creation.
- You’ll develop and oversee a process to manage client demand for analytics and proactively engage enterprise partners to maintain a robust pipeline of incoming opportunities
- You’ll have senior level technical service delivery responsibilities on projects and will provide quality assurance services to the consulting teams.
- You’ll participate in relevant enterprise-wide communities of practices to ensure that the team remains curious about incorporating the leading edge capabilities of Capital One into our social impact analytics function
Contributing to Integrated Storytelling
- You’ll work with your team to have an always-on approach to contributing to deal proposals by representing the best of what CII/EA can offer to incorporate social impact as part of the approach to securing deals.
- Your team will support the ESG communications team to ensure that impact metrics are integrated into the compelling stories of the range of investments that are creating positive social value in communities
- You’ll develop knowledge assets and new technical approaches to differentiate CII in the field and will represent CII at technical conferences, meetings, and engagements with clients
- You’ll be responsible for attracting and retaining top talent to your team
- You’ll serve as a coach/mentor to early career analysts and strategists helping them to succeed in delivering exceptional data-informed solutions to multiple complex projects simultaneously and providing expert advice in a timely fashion
- You’ll model ruthless prioritization and the art of getting to yes…and saying no
- You’ll rally your teams and senior stakeholders to your vision and strategy
We want you if you are:
- Impact-driven. You dream big. You desire to make the world a better place, and you get energy from working with others with similar passions to accomplish big, bold goals.
- A Conceptual Thinker with a strong quantitative orientation who appreciates that social impact is inherently complex so it requires an understanding of lived experience in addition to academic expertise.
- Wired for Collaboration and Connection: You thrive in a matrixed organization because you know that together we can do better. You’re obsessed with building and cultivating relationships. You love the chance to share your perspective, to hear the perspectives of others, and to figure out how teams can collaborate.
- Customer Focused. You care about doing what’s best (not what’s easiest) for the community and for Capital one’s associates and business. You don’t shy away from hard conversations or nuanced decision making because you know the best outcomes often go hand in hand with tough decisions.
- Intellectually Curious, with a strong Point of View. You ask why, you explore, you’re comfortable with ambiguity, you’re hungry to learn and a seeker of new challenges. You use this curiosity to develop and then refine, and refine, and refine your POVs.
- Do-er. You’re biased toward action, you try things and sometimes you fail. You can get around your own roadblocks and you remove obstacles for your team to stay focused on enterprise goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 7 years of experience in analysis
- Bachelors Degree in any quantitative field
- Master’s Degree
- At least 4 years experience in Social Impact Consulting
- At least 1 year of experience in financial services
- At least 2 years of experience in people management
- At least 2 years of experience in project management
- At least 3 years of experience in quantitative analysis
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $228,500 – $260,800 for Business Director
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website. Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Job Category – Business Analyst