Website Capital One
Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Associate, Community Investment Portfolio – Grant Operations
External Affairs works with many external and internal stakeholders to envision and create a world of greater socioeconomic opportunity through advocating for an inclusive society, building thriving communities, and creating financial tools that enrich lives. Our teams include Communications, Community Impact and Investment, Community Finance, CRA Strategy and Program Management, the Government and Political Affairs Group, Regulatory Relations, and Strategy and Engagement. Through our teams, we have unparalleled access to a diverse group of motivated changemakers similarly focused on the ingredients for a more perfect future.
Our approach involves focusing on innovation and opportunity related to long term well being for our associates, customers, and communities. On the intersection between business and social impact. On disruption and dreaming of a better way. This is the language of changing things for the better. Of Capital One.
The Community Impact and Investment team creates impactful community outcomes and positions Capital One as the most strategically bold, innovative, and mission driven financial institution through:
- Fueling strategic community investments (e.g. grants, skills, loans)
- Delivering insights, advice and resources that inform Capital One’s products and services
- Activating the capabilities of “impact forward” associates
The Community Impact and Investment team supports Capital One through leading enterprise volunteerism, conducting market research, fostering community relationships, grant making, originating CDFI loans and partnering with and advising LOBs.
The Opportunity and Role:
Community Impact and Investment is kicking off a multiyear transformation to increasingly align business strategy and social impact; launch new, different, and more holistic approaches to investing in our communities; use Capital One’s volunteer time and talent in increasingly strategic ways; and use data, analytics, research, and inclusive design to inform more targeted and actionable consulting to our business partners on topics related to a broad view of financial inclusion.
We’re seeking an Associate to join our Grant Operations team, part of CI&I’s Community Investment Portfolio tower. The Grant Operations team is focused on writing, processing, and reporting on several hundred philanthropic grants that COF advances to community partners each year, the outcomes and impact of which will serve as inputs into future investment decisions.
In this role, you’ll be expected to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- You will oversee the full grant process from application, to approval, to funding, to reporting.
- You will partner closely with our community partner relationship managers (who may sit in the CI&I associate, market, analysis and program towers) to set-up RFPs, RFIs or targeted grant applications through our Cybergrants system of record.
- You will be the primary point of contact for any partner organization that is working to process a grant from our team, coordinating any troubleshooting needed as they complete their application and move through the grantmaking process.
- You will monitor and process all funding transactions, ensuring we are operating in accordance with risk and compliance guidelines.
- You will ensure grant partners provide timely impact and outcome reports at the end of each grant period.
- You will support our qualitative narrative and ESG story writers to ensure our grant operations processes provide them the data needed to write impactful stories. This may include reaching out directly to partners if we are missing any key data, or it may include partnering with our storywriters to adapt our application and reporting systems to capture new or refined data from our partners.
- You will create reports on the portfolio as needed.
- You will partner with our CRA strategy team to ensure CRA-eligible grants are qualified for regulatory reporting.
We want you if you are:
- Impact-driven. You dream big. You desire to make the world a better place, and you get energy from working with others with similar passions to accomplish big, bold goals.
- Wired for Collaboration and Connection: You thrive in a matrixed organization because you know that together we can do better. You love the chance to share your perspective, to hear the perspectives of others, and to figure out how teams can collaborate.
- Do-er. You’re biased toward action, you try things and sometimes you fail. You love an MVP. You can get around your own roadblocks and you remove obstacles for your team to stay focused on goals.
- Improver. You are wired to see how all processes can be improved. You are always thinking about ways to streamline the process. And then you do.
We recognize that many life paths can contribute to interest in this role. We value all experiences, whether gained in a classroom, or through other paths, and invite everyone who meets the below requirements to apply for this role.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 1 year of experience working in a for-profit company
- Experience in back office operations (e.g., transaction processing)
- Experience with stakeholder management
- Grant management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $76,400 – $87,100 for Associate, Community Impact and Investment
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website. Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Job Category – Finance