Website Capital Impact Partners
About The Organization
The Momentus Capital branded family of organizations – which includes Capital Impact Partners, CDC Small Business Finance, and Ventures Lending Technologies – is transforming how capital and investments flow into communities to provide people access to the capital and opportunities they deserve. We are working to reinvent traditional financial systems that have failed to address systemic issues of inequality, economic empowerment, and the widening racial wealth gap by offering a continuum of financial, knowledge, and social capital to help local leaders build inclusive and equitable communities and create generational wealth. This includes a comprehensive package of loan products, impact investment opportunities, training and business advising programs, and technology services that advance locally-led solutions. Our suite of products and services, experience, and scope will foster equitable job creation, wealth building, and economic mobility.
The Investment Analyst will support the critical investment operations of the Impact Investment Group including supporting directors with sourcing and evaluating new deals, due diligence, working with existing portfolio companies, and analyzing and valuing existing investments. In addition, the Analyst will support the team in portfolio monitoring and reporting functions, as well as support with investment closings, and funding disbursements. This position works directly with and reports to the Investment Director in charge of the eastern region, with ad hoc support to the larger Investments team as needed. The ideal candidate is someone with a demonstrated interest in impact investing, and strong critical thinking, financial, and analytical skills. The Analyst will need to get up a learning curve quickly and be able to switch between multiple different activities in a given day. Prior investing experience is a plus, but not required.
- Complete initial reviews of potential investees by spreading historical financial statements and modeling financial projections, including scenario analysis and stress testing.
- Analyze and model cash flows of different financial instruments and liquidity structures.
- As part of the due diligence process, support Investment Director in commercial and operational analysis, preparing interview questions and assisting in writing investment memos
- Monitor key portfolio company performance metrics, including revenue targets, liquidity indicators, and IRR.
- Prepare quarterly and annual monitoring reports of portfolio companies, noting any financial or operational risks.
- Perform business development and build external relationships to source potential investees.
- Assist in managing and executing all investment legal documents.
- Ensure impact data metrics are completed by portfolio companies on a timely basis and contribute to any impact analysis.
Professional Skills, Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field. MBA or related Master’s Degree, CFA, CPA a plus.
- 3+ years previous relevant finance, investment and analysis experience is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to work effectively as a team player
- Capable of prioritizing competing requirements, managing different deadlines in dynamic working environment
- Able to work independently and within a cross-functional team, managing multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented individual, who is organized, possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and delivers on tight deadlines.
- Advanced user of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Financial analysis and modeling and investment due diligence experience a plus.
Geography: Remote (with a preference for the DC Metro)
Travel less than 20%