Website Capital Group
Investors around the world are increasingly focused on ESG as part of their investment philosophy, and Capital Group recognizes a unique opportunity to deepen the integration of ESG perspectives into our fundamental research. Our strategy is to systematically incorporate ESG information and research tools into the investment process, consistently communicate to clients our ESG perspectives, and to enable delivery of ESG as a product. Over time, we will increase our voice in the industry with thought leadership on ESG processes, investment approaches and methods for investing sustainably.
“I can succeed at Capital Group.”
As a member of the ESG team focusing on our engagement efforts, you will contribute to overall strategy development and the execution of key priorities for Capital Group’s approach to engagement. You’ll own and drive key pieces of program development, and directly engage with portfolio companies to represent CG’s approach to ESG. In addition to responsibilities in the engagement program, you will also conduct primary ESG research into the leisure and services sector, working closely with Investment Group analysts to help them build fluency on ESG topics in the sector and incorporate material ESG factors into their analysis.
“I am the person Capital Group is looking for.”
- You enjoy directly engaging with companies to effect demonstrable positive outcomes. This may include experience with collective, collaborative and thematic engagements. In this role you will engage directly with portfolio companies as an ESG generalist, representing CG’s approach to ESG and specific investment frameworks.
- You have expertise in building programs and interpreting high-level goals into structured systems and are motivated to own and drive the delivery of key pieces of program development.
- You are fluent in ESG and/or corporate governance issues, knowledgeable about client and regulatory expectations on engagement, and can partner effectively with our ESG Client & Stakeholder Engagement group on client and regulatory reporting and messaging.
- You are skilled at building relationships, partnering seamlessly with the investment group, wider ESG team, and internal stakeholders such as IG Technology and Governance & Proxy teams to achieve shared objectives. You are also comfortable working with senior leaders on strategic initiatives, excelling in stakeholder management.
- You can build processes and tools to mature CG’s engagement processes (e.g. enhance engagement tracker, mature IOC processes) working with the investment group, ESG team, and other stakeholders across the business.
- You are passionate about ESG, well-versed in material and emerging trends and norms. You have a working knowledge of and comfort with how to use ESG data to drive insights. In your coverage of the leisure and services sector – encompassing hotels, resorts and cruises, casinos and gaming, restaurants, and commercial and professional services – you’ll conduct primary fundamental research on material ESG issues.
- You have a strong understanding of investment, valuation, materiality, and the ability to communicate and collaborate with Investment Group analysts. A curious and thorough researcher, you are able to deliver timely, fresh insights into new and emerging sector specific ESG trends, and their impact on the securities in which we invest.
- You are technically savvy and innovative, bringing new ways to assess ESG performance around key metrics using both conventional and unconventional data. You are rigorous in your analysis and ensure that CG’s proprietary industry frameworks reflect the best insights into ESG materiality and best practices in ESG management and disclosure.
- You can effectively partner with external parties such as NGOs, sustainability accounting bodies or rating agencies to understand how the external environment is developing, glean new insights and collaborate to raise industry standards.
NOTE We value flexibility and have a menu of options for our associates to leverage to help set up their work-life balance. Our associates enjoy a hybrid approach with three days in the office on a weekly basis. We encourage you to discuss the specific guidelines for your role throughout your interview process.
New York salary range minimum and maximum
$168,145 – $269,032
In addition to a highly competitive base salary, per plan guidelines, restrictions and vesting requirements, you also will be eligible for an individual annual performance bonus, plus Capital’s annual profitability bonus plus a retirement plan where Capital contributes 15% of your eligible earnings.
You can learn more about our compensation and benefits here .
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.