We are looking for an exceptional investment professional to be a key part of the CalSTRS Sustainable Investment team as we build-out the portfolio.
Reasons to join:
- We’re incredibly purpose driven in our mission in support of California teachers and investing in a more sustainable future.
- We’ve established a great team and have some incredibly exciting growth milestones in the next 2-3 year horizon
- Get in on the ground level of building a global opportunistic multi-asset class portfolio in support of the energy transition and other sustainability focused investment
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Experience with sustainable investments and real asset investments
- Experience conducting due diligence of potential investments
- Experience identifying key investment merits and risks
- Experience reviewing transaction and legal documentation
- Experience preparing memoranda and presentations
- Experience working in an investment environment
- CFA certification preferred
- Strong interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Knowledge of management techniques related to institutional investment portfolios, including design and construction of an investment portfolio, risk management, due diligence, negotiation and closure, monitoring, reporting restructuring, and exiting.
- Ability to foster diversity and inclusion and empower a team to achieve professional growth and business objectives
- Ability to promote teamwork and cross-functional collaboration and communication in support of CalSTRS’ strategic goals