Website CAAT Pension Plan
We believe that everyone has the right to a rewarding career with an organization that values and invests in your growth.
Are you looking for an energetic, high-performance culture that’s truly one of a kind?
How would you like to work in a fun, high-performance culture that’s truly one of a kind – on a team that appreciates your ideas, helps our members retire with confidence and makes Canada better, all at the same time?
If that sounds like your thing – and you’re an outstanding Responsible Investment Analyst – let’s talk!
We’re CAAT Pension Plan, and we’re growing. We innovate defined benefit (DB) pension plans. What are they? Unlike other pension plans, they specifically define the lifetime benefits our members will receive in retirement. This means that once they retire, our members know exactly what they’re getting every month– for life! As a socially conscious company, we’re passionate about helping more Canadians retire with greater financial security and peace of mind.
This position is integral to the success of the Investments team, and to CAAT’s guiding mission and growth strategy.
The Responsible Investment Analyst will work with the Director, Responsible Investing, and the Investment Team to implement and evolve the Plan’s Responsible Investing (RI) activities. The Analyst will support the team to ensure that environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) risks and opportunities are incorporated into investment decision making across the Plan. The Analyst will contribute to research on portfolio companies as well as broader sustainability themes. They will also work on stewardship activities including proxy voting and corporate engagement.
We are looking for someone with:
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in an investment management or investment advisory organization or consulting / professional services firm.
- Relevant university degree complemented by research/industry experience.
- Significant work or academic experience related to ESG matters, or otherwise clearly demonstrated interest in sustainability.
- Basic knowledge of portfolio management and investment concepts such as that acquired through completion of CFA Level 1 or more.
- Good knowledge of current ESG risks and opportunities for public and private companies.
- The ability to apply good judgment, think creatively and develop independent points of view, supported by facts and analysis.
- Ability to use both quantitative analysis and the assessment of qualitative factors to support a view on multi-faceted ESG matters.
- Proficient use of Excel and other Microsoft Office tools coupled with strong verbal and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Knowledge with data management, data analysis and working with data sets across different teams.
- Knowledge of Corporate Governance, proxy voting, corporate engagement, stewardship, and ability to use quantitative and qualitative analysis on ESG matters.
- Strong project management and communications.
Once here you will:
- Conduct comprehensive research, review, analysis and monitoring of relevant company and sector specific ESG issues to support the Plan’s activities related to investment management, proxy voting, corporate engagement, collaborative initiatives, communication and stakeholder relations.
- Assist in preparation of research documents, presentations, and briefing notes and present (or assist in presenting) them to the investment team and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Monitor and appropriately consider responsible investing and sustainable finance issues, developments, and trends.
- Assist with the integration of the consideration of ESG factors and sustainability related investment themes across CAAT’s Responsible Investment policies and/or directives and investment activities.
- Support the investment team in the monitoring of and engagement with external fund managers (existing and prospective) about their Responsible Investment approach to ensure their alignment with the Plan’s Responsible Investment policies and internal consistency.
- Support the investment team, through available best practice tools, analytics and research into underlying assets, in the engagement with managers on material ESG issues and climate-related risks.
- Support the investment team in the development and maintenance of tools to ensure that ESG considerations are adequately integrated in the investment and monitoring activities of the Plan’s private market investments.
- Assist in in corporate engagement activities, proxy voting activities and other ESG initiatives, both directly and through collaborative initiatives with other investors.
- Collaborate with colleagues on new investment ideas to ensure implementation takes account of RI principles. Work with legal, risk, operational due diligence and external advisors to ensure timely completion of due diligence, manager appointment and implementation.
- Provide project management support to the team while leveraging data analytic skills to derive insights and inform decision making.
- Ensure that investments are in line with all Responsible Investment policies and/or directives.
- Contribute to the completion of the periodic Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) reporting and assessment process.
What will CAAT offer you?
- Financial Wellness: We provide a defined benefit (DB) pension plan (no big surprise here!).
- Physical Wellness: We provide a very competitive and comprehensive extended health and dental benefits including life insurance.
- Mental Well-Being: We provide an array of wellness programs including extended mental health benefits. We also offer generous paid time off to promote rest and relaxation.
- On-site gym and shower facilities; meditation/prayer room and cool collaboration spaces including electronic sit/stand desks.
- Hybrid work arrangements for eligible employees and a collegial work environment.
- Opportunities to connect with senior leadership in a variety of informal settings for discussions, sharing, and mutual learning.
- We invest in our people and enthusiastically support your career development goals, regardless of your role, with access to tuition aid and learning opportunities like our ground-breaking CAAT Academy.
- We are conveniently located at the Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto, next to Queen subway station, with ready access to multiple TTC routes, GO Transit, and the PATH from Union Station.
- We encourage you to learn more about us at www.caatpension.ca.
If you meet most of the criteria above, we would love to connect with you. Please click onto “APPLY” above to easily submit your candidacy or email your resume to email@example.com on or before December 8, 2023, with Responsible Investment Analyst in the subject line.
The success of our company is dependent on fostering a culture of embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. All employees are guided by our Mission, Values, and Code of Conduct.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer, and we will accommodate any needs under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at 416-673-9000 for assistance.