Website CAAT Pension Plan
We believe that everyone has the right to DEFINE themselves and their future.
That includes YOU.
How would you like to do it in a fun, high-performance culture that’s truly one of a kind – on a team that appreciates you for being you, helps our members retire with confidence, simplifies workplace pensions, and makes Canada better, all at the same time?
We help more Canadians retire with greater financial security and priceless peace of mind and take pressure off the social safety net at the very same time, which frees up those resources for other Canadians who really need them. We provide participating employers with a competitive advantage to improve attraction, retention, productivity, and wellness – without taking on risks associated with traditional single employer pension plans.
If that sounds like your thing – and you’re an expert in responsible investment considerations for pension investors, we’d like to hear from you. We’re looking for a Director, Responsible Investing!
CAAT is experiencing significant growth and so is the Investment Department. As a result, we have a new opportunity for an experienced environmental, social and governance (ESG) professional. Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, the Director, Responsible Investing is a highly collaborative, people focused leader with extensive experience contributing to long term investment performance and value, focusing on good governance practices and the integration of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) considerations into the investment decision-making stewardship and reporting processes.
The successful candidate will have technical experience in the following key areas:
- Ability to lead the development of the Plan’s RI strategy and action plan. Responsible for research, analysis, assessment, and reporting for all of the Plan’s ESG activities.
- Direct the implementation of the Plan’s Responsible Investing Policy and ESG processes and procedures.
- Provide guidance to the Investments team on all RI related issues, including ensuring ESG factors are appropriately integrated into investment decisions, including screening and selection of all types of investments for the Plan as well as the stewardship of Plan investments, including proxy voting and engagement with investee corporations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to assemble and deliver concise and informative presentations.
- Ensure the Plan’s reporting and other obligations are in compliance as appropriate with ESG-focused initiatives supported by the Plan, including the Principles for Responsible Investing and the Task Force for Climate-Related Financial Disclosures.
- Aid the investment teams in monitoring and engaging with external fund managers (existing and prospective) concerning the managers’ approach to ESG issues.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an ESG investment education program for Plan Governors and Investment staff.
- Play an active role in Total Fund Management team discussions with particular responsibility for raising and leading discussions on ESG-related considerations.
- Proven success in leading strategic initiatives and developing creative solutions.
A University Degree, along with ten (10) years of experience in asset management or financial institutions with significant experience in analysis and management of ESG issues and the integration of ESG considerations into investment management along with five (5) or more years of experience managing people. Deep network of professional relationships focused within the RI and ESG investment communities. Demonstrated experience working at the Investment Committee or other Board level committees and a professional degree including MBA or relevant professional designation is strongly preferred.
What does CAAT offer you and what should you know about us?
- Our vision is to provide an environment where employees can bring their whole, authentic selves to work. That’s what drives our high-performance, fun culture – one that’s truly one of a kind. In fact, we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022, as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023 and by Canadian HR Reporter as one of the Best Places to Work for 2021.
- We provide (no big surprise here!) membership in CAAT’s defined benefit (DB) pension plan, a flexible and friendly work environment, a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, life insurance, and an array of wellness programs.
- Everyone is a leader at CAAT, so we invest in our people and enthusiastically support your career development goals, regardless of your role, with access to tuition aid and learning opportunities like our ground-breaking CAAT Academy.
- Our office is located at the Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto, next to Queen Subway station, with ready access to multiple TTC routes, GO Transit, and the PATH.
- We offer a flexible, hybrid work arrangement. Occasional travel is expected, along with attendance in events and conferences as applicable.
- You can learn more at www.caatpension.ca.
DEFINITELY INTERESTED? Apply through LinkedIn or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before March 3, 2023.
We recruit and select the most qualified candidates and thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer that supports abilities and diversity of all kinds. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, please contact us at email@example.com or call Human Resources at 416-673-9000