Brookfield Place – 181 Bay Street
Brookfield has a unique and dynamic culture. We seek team members who have a long-term focus and whose values align with our Attributes of a Brookfield Leader: Entrepreneurial, Collaborative and Disciplined. Brookfield is committed to the development of our people through challenging work assignments and exposure to diverse businesses.
The Vice President, ESG Finance will be part of BAM’s Global Finance team and will report into the Senior Vice President, Finance. Located in our head office in Downtown Toronto, the Vice President, ESG Finance role is a highly visible position that provides a solid foundation and exposure to a progressive and dynamic career with a leading global asset management firm. The Vice President will lead and be responsible for ensuring the smooth implementation and compliance of ESG related financial reporting standards and will provide oversight to ensure the implementation and consistency in application of those ESG related standards across each of BAM’s business groups.
- Provide oversight of Brookfield Asset Management Inc’s ESG financial reporting requirements related to the consolidated financial statements and associated public documents on a quarterly and annual basis
- Monitor standard-setting and regulatory developments from key bodies, including the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Canadian Securities Administrators, and International Sustainability Standards Board
- Assess and evaluate the impact of new and emerging ESG-related disclosure and financial reporting requirements
- Lead the enhancement and/or development of controls supporting governance over ESG-related financial reporting in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements
- Coordinate and collaborate regularly with operating business groups and various Brookfield departments to ensure consistency in the operating and control environment related to ESG financial reporting
- Directly support relevant committees, including the audit committee, with responsibility for governance and oversight of ESG-related disclosures, including material preparation and coordination
- Present various analyses and reports for senior management
- Lead the production and review of ESG financial reporting deliverables provided to the Board and senior management
- Assist in the preparation and review of ESG-related disclosures included in Brookfield’s non-financial ESG reporting
- Support internal and external audit teams in relation to quarterly reviews, the annual audit and SOX compliance of ESG related reporting standards
- Mentor junior staff to aid in their development
- Continuously look for efficiency in our processes, tools and reports and make suggestions to implement these into our framework
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Ten (10) years of progressive work experience in an accounting or auditing function
- A recognized professional accounting designation (CPA, CA)
- Experience with SEC public company reporting requirements under IFRS
- Strong financial systems experience, including advanced Excel skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills, and the willingness to always support the team
- Highly organized and able to work in a dynamic, complex and fast-paced environment, as well as adapt quickly to manage changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with respect to both managing workload and professional development
- Experience in ESG and/or Sustainability reporting or similar responsibilities is an asset
Brookfield is committed to maintaining a Positive Work Environment that is safe and respectful; our shared success depends on it. Accordingly, we do not tolerate workplace discrimination, violence or harassment.
Brookfield is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should you require a Human Rights Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.