BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and member of the Schroders Group. As a pioneering impact investor, the firm is dedicated to generating lasting positive impact for communities and the environment, while aiming at providing attractive returns to investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiBlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and member of the Schroders Group. As a pioneering impact investor, the firm is dedicated to generating lasting positive impact for communities and the environment, while aiming at providing attractive returns to investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide. Today, the firm offers impact investment solutions across asset classes, connecting millions of entrepreneurs in emerging and frontier markets with investors with the aim to make impact investment solutions accessible to all and to advance the conscious use of capital. Being a professional investment manager and expert in innovative blended finance mandates, BlueOrchard has a sophisticated international investor base and is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. To date, BlueOrchard has invested over USD 9,8bn across more than 90 countries. 246 million underserved individuals and MSMEs in emerging and frontier markets received access to financial and related services with the support of BlueOrchard as of March 2022. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Luxembourg, Luxembourg as
Intern – Blended Finance Team (6 months)
The purpose of this position is to contribute to the team’s fund management activities, in particular Public Private Partnerships (PPPs), and to create capacity for new PPP mandates in innovative impact investing fields. The successful candidate will ensure best in class services to investors, effective internal coordination among the BlueOrchard team and contribute to research and publications.
- Fund structuring and development of new fund initiatives: contribute to team activities related to tenders for new funds by preparing bidding documents, developing financial models and scenario analysis, impact thesis and KPIs, as well as strategic business planning in coordination with other teams.
- Fund management: contribute to regular monthly, quarterly and annual investor reporting including business planning and strategic annual reviews of fund performance in coordination with other teams. Contribute to the achievement of financial and impact goals of the mandates under management.
- Investor facing and reporting: play a leading role in preparing Investment Committees, Boards, Advisory Committees and other strategic due diligence investors’ meetings to present fund results and fund performance. Be responsible for slide preparation, coordination of inputs across teams, follow-up on action points, minutes and other required tasks after the respective meetings.
- Technical assistance (TA) management: responsible for supporting other team members in coordinating TA facilities linked to existing funds under management.
- Research and analysis: contribution to studies and publications to position BO as a thought leader in the impact investing space.
- Enrolled in the last year or graduated from an internationally recognized university or business school;
- Proficiency in English, French or German being a plus;
- Strong interest for impact investing, PPP funds;
- Previous internship experience in consulting, banking, asset management;
- Advanced presentation skills and strong suit for written communication and marketing skills.
Your personal profile
- Excellent project management skills across all stages from design to execution;
- Highly motivated, ambitious self-starter, willing to go the extra mile to achieve results in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Resourcefulness to ensure customer satisfaction at all times and excellent communication skills;
- Passion to innovate and to be a leading contributor in impact investing.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/
Kindly note that only online applications received through our career website will be taken under consideration. Also, it is the applicant’s responsibility to organize a valid working permit for the entire duration of the internship. BlueOrchard is not sponsoring work permits for candidates.
Desired Internship Start date: January/February 2023