Website Blue Owl Capital
Blue Owl (NYSE: OWL) is a leading asset manager that is redefining alternatives.
With $150 billion in assets under management*, we invest across three multi-strategy platforms: Credit, GP Strategic Capital, and Real Estate. Anchored by a strong permanent capital base, we provide businesses with private capital solutions to drive long-term growth and offer institutional and individual investors differentiated alternative investment opportunities that aim to deliver strong performance, risk-adjusted returns, and capital preservation.
Together with over 600 experienced professionals across 10 offices globally, Blue Owl brings the vision and discipline to create the exceptional.
*As of June 30, 2023
About the role:
In this role, you would be a core part of strengthening Blue Owl Capital’s Responsible Investing and ESG program and strategy, examples of day to day and longer-term projects include:
- Lead all ESG-related diligence in underwriting for the GP Strategic Capital (private equity) investment portfolio, Blue Owl’s investment platform that makes minority equity investments in GP Managers. Work closely and collaborate with these investment and portfolio management teams to deliver high quality responsible investing practice and investment decision-making.
- Ensure effective implementation and integration of Blue Owl’s proprietary tools and processes for ESG Risk Analysis
- Ensure high-quality ESG monitoring, reporting and data collection from GP Partner Managers within the investment portfolio, as relevant, work closely with the portfolio management team and the ESG team to coordinate a robust and consistent portfolio data management for the portfolio
- Responsible for all investor reporting and requests for the GP Strategic Capital business line
- Develop and manage Blue Owl’s approach to ESG value creation in portfolio management for our equity-related strategies, this includes working with investment teams, GP Partner Managers and/or other portfolio companies as needed and relevant
- Support other ESG team projects and priorities
Who you are:
- You have at least 7 years of relevant professional experience, for example in ESG for private markets, impact investing, ESG for corporates, management consulting and/or other sustainability-related roles
- You have core skills in ESG-related due diligence in private equity, M&A, or relevant investment strategies in private markets
- You are experienced in working and collaborating with investment teams, portfolio management teams and/or management teams of underlying businesses
- You have familiarity and working knowledge of relevant frameworks such as EDCI, GRI, and SASB
- You have solid communication, collaboration, interpersonal and influencing skills and have demonstrated success in managing complex projects or programs
Preferred but not required:
- Experience in value creation, stewardship, and or adding value to investment portfolios
- Fund of funds investment management and/or working with multi-sector investment portfolios
It is expected that the base annual salary range for this New York City-based position will be $150,000 to $200,000. Actual salaries may vary based on factors, such as skill, experience, and qualification for the role. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus, based on factors such as individual and team performance.
Blue Owl is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.