Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $915 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
Real Estate, Asset Management, ESG
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone’s real estate business was founded in 1991 and has US $320 billion of investor capital under management. Blackstone is the largest owner of commercial real estate globally, owning and operating assets across every major geography and sector, including logistics, residential, office, hospitality and retail. Our opportunistic funds seek to acquire undermanaged, well-located assets across the world. Blackstone’s Core+ business invests in substantially stabilized real estate assets globally, through both institutional strategies and strategies tailored for income-focused individual investors including Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. (BREIT), a U.S. non-listed REIT, and Blackstone’s European yield-oriented strategy. Blackstone Real Estate also operates one of the leading global real estate debt businesses, providing comprehensive financing solutions across the capital structure and risk spectrum, including management of Blackstone Mortgage Trust (NYSE: BXMT).
Real Estate – Asset Management, ESG Analytics and Reporting, Senior Associate
Blackstone has a deep commitment to ESG and is seeking to recruit an ESG Senior Associate for its Real Estate business. The position is located in New York and will be responsible for production and oversight of real estate ESG data analytics and reporting globally. The Senior Associate will act as a main point of integration for the Real Estate ESG team with our portfolio management and institutional client solutions teams, and will spend significant time with global colleagues across the Real Estate business including acquisitions, asset management and legal & compliance in addition to colleagues across the firm including members of the corporate ESG and public affairs teams. The Senior Associate will work on multiple deliverables and projects at one time for various stakeholders.
Responsibilities (include But Are Not Limited To)
- Develop, compile and analyze metrics that track progress of the real estate ESG program globally across funds
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of real estate ESG data management and reporting globally by defining, implementing and overseeing reporting policies, processes, templates and controls
- Collaborate and liaise with colleagues in institutional client solutions and the Global ESG team to provide solutions for investor requests for ESG data, reporting and responses to due diligence questions
- Develop and maintain reporting timelines, marketing and reporting templates and business requirements for external facing ESG reporting deliverables
- Produce and deliver timely and accurate investor facing reports and support GRESB reporting for the global Real Estate Platform
- Communicate achievements of the global ESG program including through providing analytical, reporting and project-based support to the Global ESG team
- Collaborate with colleagues across the firm to execute projects related to the integration of real estate ESG and property metrics, technology enhancements and external communications
- Enhance systems and processes to supply data to internal teams responsible for energy and environmental performance improvement
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and time management skills, the successful candidate must have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in ESG and /or real estate data analytics / reporting
- Prior work experience in ESG framework (GRESB, TCFD, SASB, etc.) reporting, real estate asset / portfolio management and reporting or a comparable data analytics role preferred
- Highly organized individual with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills; strong proficiency in Excel – the candidate will be expected to manage, analyze and verify large data sets and be a resource for others; familiarity with iLevel and/or MS Excel macros is a plus
- Strong presentation skills and ability to produce creative, compelling, detailed materials and information for existing and prospective investors; strong proficiency in PowerPoint
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal; ability to summarize large amounts of information succinctly and quickly
- Leadership and project management capabilities including senior and junior stakeholder management; ability to train others and document critical processes
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and execute and manage a high volume of deliverables across multiple constituents and workstreams concurrently
- Candidate should be able to quickly pivot between a variety of projects, self-motivated, and a team-oriented individual with excellent interpersonal skills who thrives on challenge in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a desire to learn
- Operate with the highest degree of integrity, motivation, and intellectual curiosity
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.