About this role
VP – Global Product Group, Sustainable and Transition Product Integrity
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets.
Business Unit Overview
Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
The Global Product Group (GPG) brings innovation, discipline, and focus to BlackRock’s investment product line by aligning client and investment teams in the design and execution of product-related initiatives. The group performs a wide range of functions, including industry, competitor and fund range analysis; design of platform strategy and management of product lifecycle; execution of fund launches and changes; and delivery of robust product governance and key regulatory projects.
We are seeking a self-motivated VP who is passionate about sustainability to join GPG’s Sustainable and Transition Product Integrity group. This role reports to the Global Head of Sustainable and Transition Product Integrity and will primarily focus on driving Sustainable & Transition (S&T) Product governance to ensure product integrity relative to BlackRock, regulatory, and globally accepted sustainable product standards.
- Help set and maintain global standards for Sustainable and Transition (S&T) product at BlackRock. Serve as an expert on third party S&T standards-setting and how that advises BlackRock’s standards
- Drive regional oversight and maintenance of BlackRock’s global standards for S&T products
- Develop a strategic view of third party and regulatory frameworks related to S&T products
- Engage with GPG product developers, portfolio managers and product strategists in the product innovation and evolution process to accelerate S&T product development and ideation relative to global standards
- Partner closely with central S&T Solutions team, product strategists across investment teams and asset classes to evolve and leverage these standards to accelerate the product innovation agenda
- Preference for 8+ years of relevant financial services or investment management
- Experienced investment professional with high level of market sophistication and broad technical expertise spanning major asset classes (fixed income, equities, property, hedge funds, private equity and other alternatives).
- Expertise in sustainable investing, including familiarity with ESG data providers and analytics
- Strong familiarity with third-party frameworks (IIGCC, SBTi, TCFD/SASB) and sustainable fund regulations, in particular European regulations
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; able to communicate, influence and partner at all seniority levels and across functional areas
- Excellent written communication skills: senior level memos and/or executive level presentations
- Strong project management skills and ability to navigate multiple workstreams across several partner groups simultaneously
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with record of academic achievement; MBA or CFA preferred
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $142,500 – $190,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.