About This Role
The Global Credit Market Strategy Group is seeking an Associate to support the development of sustainable investing investment processes, strategy, and reporting, for both liquid and private credit markets.
- Supports global sustainable investing strategy including all aspects of ESG integration in our investment processes and development of sustainable investment strategies
- Liaises with risk and quantitative analysis team to develop and advance portfolio-level ESG analysis
- Develops client reporting and global marketing materials in partnership with product strategy teams
- Supports sustainability-related client engagement
- Engage and partner with firmwide resources, including BlackRock Sustainable Investing, BlackRock Investment Stewardship, and BlackRock Alternatives Sustainable Investing teams
- BA/BS, CFA designation or advanced degree preferred
- 1-3 years of total experience with a focus on investing and/or capital markets
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of sustainable investing, including investor considerations, corporate sustainability practices, or regulatory policies
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; be able to understand and clearly articulate sophisticated concepts, ideas, and processes
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint & Excel skills
- Detail-oriented, strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks while adapting to rapidly changing market environments
- Self-starter who can work independently or successfully with a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills & ability to coordinate between various groups including product strategy, portfolio management, credit research, retail and institutional distribution, legal and compliance, and other areas
- Possess a polished professional disposition commensurate with holding a position on and representing a global leadership team
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.