About This Role
BlackRock actively manages style-specific portfolios built on proprietary research with the goal of delivering consistent outperformance to our clients. We offer access to the opportunities, information and resources available to a global asset manager combined with the agility of autonomous investment teams.
The best performance is delivered by tightly knit, focused and accountable teams. Returns can be enhanced by the firm-wide sharing of market knowledge and perspectives. Good investment decisions arise from integrating research with portfolio management. A global presence results in a global perspective combined with targeted local expertise. Quantitative portfolio analytics support risk-efficient portfolio construction. Our teams make their own investment decisions – within a prescribed framework and aligned with the firm’s rigorous risk management practices. Each team invests according to its unique philosophy, process and style and has a high level of discretion to allocate across regions, countries, industries and individual stocks.
Our fundamental strategies seek to identify and exploit market inefficiencies in the pursuit of alpha.
- US Equity
BlackRock Global Impact
The Global Impact Equity team was recruited to BlackRock in 2019 and operates as an independent investment boutique, sitting within the larger active equity platform of 240 investors managing US$308 billion manages around US$2 billion across various pooled and segregated accounts. The team is based in New York, and uses bottom-up, team-based, fundamental research. Individual security research is conducted within a sector and impact-theme driven framework to deliver relatively concentrated global portfolios. The team consists of 6 investors supported by two product strategists and three portfolio implementation managers.
The Impact Equity team is seeking a global analyst to supplement our existing stock research capabilities. The Impact team is looking for a research analyst who will cover the impact theme of electrification and energy efficiency including electric vehicles, batteries, semiconductors and other electrification supply chain companies.
The analyst should have demonstrable equity research skills including a strong focus on industry and company fundamentals, financial modeling and written research. This individual is expected to recommend stocks for the various impact strategies as well as closely monitoring those companies while they are held in the funds. Familiarity with ESG and impact investing is preferred but not required. The analyst will work closely with the team’s analysts, portfolio managers, product specialists and the wider firm.
The analyst will ideally be based in New York but should be prepared to travel to attend company meetings, trade shows and conferences as required.
- Conduct fundamental research globally, including industry analysis, company specific research, corporate financial analysis, management meetings and conferences and written investment memos and updates.
- Recommend long-term, high conviction investment ideas with a particular focus on high quality, strong business models, compounding returns and reliable cash flows.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with other members of the team especially as it relates to investment recommendations and updates.
- Incorporate impact investing principles and guidelines into the investment process and continually monitor the electrification and energy efficiency landscape for new ideas to be included into the Impact Universe.
- Contribute to the team’s culture of hard work, discipline, collaboration, mentorship, respect and continuous improvement.
Professional Development Opportunity
- This is a growing investment team with several impact strategies – this role will allow the analyst to contribute to multiple strategies.
- The analyst will also be expected to collaborate in BlackRock-wide initiatives, including those within Fundamental Active Equity (e.g. Global industry groups, leveraging Aladdin Research tools) and the wider Investment Platform (e.g. Blackrock Investment Institute).
- Substantial experience in fundamental equity research including industry and company research, financial modeling and writing.
- 4-7 years of experience covering stocks in any of the following sub-sectors:
- Electric vehicles
- Industrial electrical equipment
- Technology hardware
- Financial modeling in Microsoft Excel
- Business writing experience
- Good oral communication and relationship skills
- University degree required; CFA or equivalent qualification preferred
- Absolutely must be a team player
- Remain humble and be willing to ask questions when they do not understand something
- Be an original and independent thinker
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to question and debate own views, accept criticism and admit when they are wrong
- Ability to work more broadly within an organization where information-sharing is critical to the success of all teams across asset classes
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock’s current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what’s important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our “One BlackRock” culture means you’ll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work – wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.