About this role
ESG regulatory developments are constantly moving forward. Reporting to the APAC Sustainability Compliance Lead, this role will contribute to provide regulatory and compliance support to BlackRock’s sustainable and transition offerings, commitments, and initiatives. Additionally, the incumbent will be joining the Global Sustainability Compliance team with a team of 6, which offers the opportunity to work in close partnership with colleagues across the US, EMEA and APAC, and to engage broadly with business colleagues across the breadth of BlackRock’s businesses.
- Support cross-functional stakeholders in rolling out new firm-wide or business initiatives relating to sustainability and transition.
- Advise Marketing & Distribution Compliance and Business Advisory Compliance on sustainability-related contents review based on evolving internal standards, in addition to the applicable regulations.
- Provide Compliance advisory support to sustainable & transition product development, repositioning, disclosures and/or marketing based on the applicable regulations in the region.
- Provide feedback to APAC regulatory consultations on sustainability-related topics.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders in the implementation projects of sustainability regulations by providing Compliance analysis of the requirements and impacts as appropriate.
- Contribute to establishing the Global Sustainability Compliance team’s program and framework.
- Stay abreast of the regulatory landscape, trends and developments in the APAC sustainability space and share knowledge within L&C.
- Facilitate the connection between global, regional and local L&C stakeholders in respect of global, cross-regional or firm-wide sustainability developments.
- Collaborate with relevant subject matter experts in engaging with the regulators for sustainability-related inquiries, surveys, consultations and/or lobbying efforts.
- Support the APAC lead of Sustainability Compliance for any ad-hoc task or project.
- 3-5 years’ experience in financial services (preferable relevant experience in Compliance, Legal, Risk or Audit field)
- Knowledge of sustainable investing and the asset management landscape.
- Self-motivated individual, with the ability to think strategically, drive functional, regional, and global projects independently.
- Strong communication skills; ability to build relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Strong analytics and attention to details; ability to understand complex problems and articulate in an easily understandable way.
- Team player; ability to manage projects with cross-disciplinary teams, and to interact at all levels in a matrix driven organization
- Sound understanding of significance of regulatory risk assessment, review and relevance of mitigating controls
- Good legal research, interpretation and drafting skills. Experience in drafting compliance policies, procedures, guidelines.
- Asian language an advantage
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.