About this role
BlackRock’s iShares is the #1 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) provider globally with over $2.5 trillion in assets under management. With more than a decade of ETF innovation and expertise, iShares is a trusted leader in the ETF industry. We serve investors of all sizes, including advisors, personal investors, wealth managers, banks, asset managers, pensions, and insurers. The platform offers clients a comprehensive range of products that provide precise, transparent and cost-efficient access to a full range of asset classes and global markets.
We’re looking for energetic people with a passion for sustainable and transition investing who have a knack for creating powerful narratives and distilling the complex into simple, concise messages.
iShares Global Product Commercialisation team is leading our effort to transform distribution in a constantly evolving asset management industry, developing and scaling messages for strategic priorities to drive global ETF product segment growth. We are hiring an Associate to support product commercialisation in EMEA for BlackRock’s iShares sustainable and transition ETFs. This individual will have a multi-faceted role; work in a high-performance team; help develop and execute the product commercialisation strategy; create and influence content; drive scaled distribution, and bridge connectivity across iShares and BlackRock.
This is an entrepreneurial role with the potential to work on high-visibility, high-impact projects, that requires close partnership with colleagues across BlackRock Sustainable and Transition Solutions (STS), Product, Marketing & Communications, and Investments teams. Ideal candidates will take pride in creating memorable, concise narratives to convey complex topics, thrive working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and enjoy working on strategic projects, taking an “all-hands-on-deck” approach.
- Develop and execute the product segment commercialisation strategy for iShares sustainable and transition ETFs in EMEA, working in close partnership with Product Commercialisation globally, along with Product, Marketing, Communications, Sales and Legal.
- Maintain in-depth segment market intelligence (i.e., product, client and competitor expertise) through both third-party research and distilling insights from across the firm to inform product messaging and marketing strategy.
- Define and contribute to the creation of the overarching sustainable and transition marketing and product commercialisation roadmap and bring rigorous prioritization to ensure alignment with commercial priorities.
Create And Influence Content
- Write, develop and evolve category-building sustainable and transition narratives, thought leadership, keynote presentations and marketing campaign messages under tight deadlines.
- Create and develop high-impact, client-tailored sustainable and transition product content and talking points for use through scaled distribution tactics and sales engagements.
- Develop, write and evolve product segment web experiences, creating content and messaging for the promotion of sustainable and transition products on iShares.com.
- Create and execute internal training plans on key topics such as climate investing and sustainability metrics.
Drive Scaled Distribution
- Develop and execute transformative, integrated, commercial activation plans for sustainable & transition product launches/enhancements and thought leadership publications, working with clients, product, marketing and comms partners.
- Work with client marketing, brand and campaigns and sales distribution teams to create and align on sustainable and transition messaging and narratives throughout distribution strategy.
- Note: scaled distribution refers to distributing content across various channels (i.e. web, social, email, paid, comms etc.) to expand our reach to clients.
- 3-5 years of experience in asset management product strategy, product marketing, corporate strategy and / or directly relevant role; sustainable investing experience preferred.
- Strong commercial market awareness, client acumen and intellectual curiosity with an agile and creative mind; demonstrates critical thinking and an innovative approach to problem solving.
- High energy, driven, self-motivated individual with high level of discipline and attention to detail; able to own and execute on a range of initiatives at once, with high intensity, sticking to tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, embracing ambiguity and prioritising to meet business objectives.
- Strategic thinker with excellent written, and analytical skills and the ability to optimally translate sophisticated, complex investment and sustainability topics into concise, digestible messaging and content across a variety of client segments.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral), highly collaborative nature and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Passion for fostering diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) and enabling the creation of a safe and inclusive work environment for all.
- The highest level of integrity and fiduciary orientation.
- Bachelor’s degree; history of academic and professional achievement.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.