About this role
EII EMEA Sustainable Indexing Team – Associate
The ETF and Index Investing (EII) EMEA Sustainable Team is seeking a talented Product Strategist for its Sustainable Indexing Team to be based in London. The team is responsible for building and transforming the way investors understand, analyze and implement Sustainable index strategies within their portfolios.
A member of the EII EMEA Sustainable Indexing Team, with responsibility for assisting the growth and adoption of Sustainable index solutions (separate accounts and index mutual funds) in the EMEA region, providing product expertise in support of Sales, helping drive both client and BlackRock education, competitive positioning and supporting analysis to propel index selection and continue to position us as the clear market leader and a strong partner to our clients. This role will partner directly with Sales and across Marketing, BlackRock Sustainable Investing (BSI), the firm’s sustainable investment strategies platform and the overall EII business.
The successful candidate is to have demonstrated some experience with index investing or within the Sustainable Investing space. From the Sustainable standpoint this would include having some investing or ESG research expertise. The ability to partner with teams across functions and aptitude to navigate the product offering will be integral component to successfully engage with clients.
The candidate profile will require a combination of client facing skills, quantitative skills, ESG expertise, writing skills, organizational agility and practical investment experience to ensure the effective partnership with clients and collaboration with generalist sales teams to win new business and/or deepen large existing relationships to grow the adoption Sustainable index strategies in the EMEA region.
- Interaction with clients in support of Sales providing detailed Sustainable product education, methodology expertise, analysis, such as risk and return attribution, single or multiple index comparative returns analysis, holdings analysis, ESG, factor, carbon and business involvement characteristics.
- Assist in the execution of strategy to distribute sustainable index solutions to sub segments within EMEA client segments (Asset owners, Insurance companies)
- Coordinate internal training for global sales teams (EMEA, APAC, LATAM)
- Follow-up to client engagements and requests, monitoring execution and tracking pipeline of opportunities
- Syndication of new launches, changes and product pipeline
- Partner with Sustainable Research team Innovation for the future Sustainable solutions development pipeline
- Engage with BlackRock Investment Stewardship (BIS) and understand the vital role stewardship and engagement holds in investor’s Sustainable Investing philosophy and be able to convey to clients
- Continually expand and deepen ESG and climate related investment, portfolio construction and research knowledge whilst staying abreast of current market environment and the latest regulation
- Serve as a speaker/participant at BlackRock sponsored and industry conferences as needed
- Respond to client ESG queries, requiring broad sustainable knowledge, co-ordination across specialist teams and ability to leverage BlackRock sustainable tools
- Creation of regular sustainable content and maintenance of it (client decks, product brochures, monthly emails)
- Create and coordinate investment insights around sustainable investing (performance attributions etc)
- Create and oversee new content for product launches (client decks, product briefs, competitor positioning, Portfolio Implementation) in combination with Product Marketing
- Distribution of thought leadership content
- Along with EMEA Investment Strategy (IS)/Marketing/US teams, drive the creation and delivery of product specific strategies and content to drive product sales
- Collaborate with marketing and digital teams to distribute content and promote the sustainable index business
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience required; and/or Masters/CFA a plus
- 3+ years industry experience, specifically investment management knowledge and experience
- Strong written, analytical, presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience interfacing with EMEA based clients
- Proven experience with Excel, PowerPoint as well as Bloomberg or similar systems required
- Attention to detail a must with strong analytical skills
- High level of self-motivation
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and collaborate vertically/horizontally in a fast-paced environment
- Research skills: ideally proven experience in working with MSCI ESG Research, Sustainalytics or other similar ESG research tools
- Additional languages of Dutch or Nordic languages would be ideal.
- Ability to travel regionally
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.