About this role
Reporting to the APAC Head of Sustainable & Transition Solutions, this role will support BlackRock’s sustainable and transition investing strategy across the North Asia region (China, Hong Kong, Korea and Taiwan).
Sustainable & Transition Solutions (STS) is BlackRock’s central sustainability function that leads our firmwide sustainability and transition strategy, drives cross-functional change, supports client engagements, improves product ideation, and embeds sustainability expertise across the firm.
- Support development of sustainable investing sales strategies for the in-scope markets and enable account planning for strategic clients
- Contribute to development of bespoke sustainable solutions for clients, bringing together relevant platform specialists
- Develop and champion internal education and capacity-building tools for relationship managers regarding Blackrock’s sustainability value proposition across the whole investment platform (alternatives, active, ETFs & Index), as well as research, data & analytics
- Work closely with the wider Blackrock distribution teams to ensure coordinated engagements with clients & other stakeholders
- Partner with Marketing on development and roll-out of marketing initiatives in North Asia to activate and promote thought leadership collateral and product launches, e.g. client events, online learning modules, newsletters
- With guidance from Corporate Comms, prepare talking points for external and internal engagements on sustainable investing
- In partnership with the Public Policy Group, maintain knowledge of the industry and regulatory environment around sustainable investing in North Asia; conduct local research where applicable
- Collaborate with the other APAC and global STS and research pillars on cross-functional and cross-regional projects where appropriate, e.g. research content, product development and policy engagement
- Support the APAC STS team on general business management and administrative tasks as necessary
- Some relevant experience (e.g. internships) in financial services and/or sustainability
- Knowledge of sustainable investing and the North Asia investment management landscape
- Self-motivated individual, with the ability to think strategically and drive new business
- Strong communication skills; ability to build relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to understand complex problems and articulate in an easily understandable way
- Team player; ability to manage projects with cross-disciplinary teams
- Strong organisational and coordination skills appreciated
- North Asian languages, particularly Mandarin, preferred
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person – aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.