Are you a recent polytechnic graduate looking for an opportunity to jumpstart your career? Look no further than our 12-months apprenticeship program!
Our program offers hands-on experience working alongside industry experts and professionals, giving you the chance to develop valuable skills and knowledge in your chosen field. You’ll receive comprehensive training, mentorship, and guidance throughout your journey with us.
As an apprentice, you’ll have the opportunity to work on real-world projects and initiatives, contributing to our organization’s success while gaining practical experience and building your professional network.
Our program is designed to help you achieve your career goals, whether that’s securing a permanent role within our organization or elsewhere in your chosen industry. We believe in investing in our apprentices and helping them reach their full potential.
Candidates can only submit one application and select up to two of the following business areas in your application. Please indicate your business area(s) of interest in your resume and highlight your graduation year. Please refer to the available roles and job description below.
- E.g Application for ESG and Credit Research Roles
- Graduation year: 2023
- Recent graduates from a local polytechnic. Recent graduates refer to those who have graduated from a polytechnic or completed National Service after graduating from a polytechnic, within 2 years from date of hire.
- Available to work full-time for 12 months starting from September 2023
Application closes on 23 June 2023. Apply today!
About this role
The Asia Fixed Income and Credit team is an industry leading platform with a significant presence in Asian markets and teams across Singapore, China, India and Hong Kong. We offer an array of fixed income products crafted to meet specific client risk and return profiles ranging from active benchmark and total return strategies to index strategies.
We are looking to hire an apprentice within the sustainability team who is passionate for investments and is proficient in data analysis. The successful candidate will be based in Singapore and will learn from the best in the industry. You will be part of the Asia Credit Research team and will also partner with BlackRock’s Sustainability and Transition Solutions, Investment Stewardship and Capital Markets teams. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data science and Python programming and will have the aptitude to tackle ESG and climate questions using a data-centric approach.
- Work closely with the ESG Investment Lead to support the team to develop and refine ESG and climate investment frameworks across both offshore fixed income and onshore China credit
- Deepen your knowledge relating to the ESG and climate practices of companies in Asia. You will get to analyze investee companies’ sustainability reporting, climate commitments and ESG risks and opportunities.
- Have the opportunity to work closely with top research team in the market to identify the relevant ESG risks and opportunities that have the highest potential financial impact and focusing on the suitability of individual investment ideas across general and specialist investment mandates. You’ll get the opportunity to review investee companies ESG profile and understand what it takes to be a research analyst in this field
- Assist investment team in prospecting for new ESG/Impact ideas, via dialogue with BlackRock’s Capital Markets team, sell side partners, creation of proprietary screening tools and thematic research
- Develop a strong understanding of relevant industry/global sustainability practices, policy and regulatory developments and advise on the implications for Asia credit investments
- Analyze new potential ESG data sources
- Assist in writing white papers and periodic client reports which enumerates the ESG/Impact progress made by client portfolios and investee companies
Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Strong understanding and passion for ESG, impact and sustainability as they apply to the asset management industry and investing. Knowledge of fixed income and credit is a plus. Keen curiosity about markets and sustainable investing
- Strong research skills with analytical and organizational skills
- Programming skills in Python; ideally experience with databases, machine learning techniques and visualization. Knowledge of Tableau or PowerBI is an advantage.
- Understanding of basic economics, financial markets, investment theories and asset valuations will be a plus
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to operate independently within a team environment
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.