Sustainable Lending Analyst
As a Barclays Sustainable Leading Analyst, you will join Barclays’ Lending Portfolio Management team. You will contribute to our ambition to be a net zero bank by 2050 by supporting drive the sustainable returns of our Corporate client base in light of complex regulatory, commercial and organisational constraints. As well as helping to design and build the policies and toolset to implement this strategy.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Staying abreast of developments in climate science and how this is relevant to, or how it is translating into tools and practices used in, financial services and for our customers
- Engaging in and closely follow market developments with regards to industry and sector decarbonisation initiatives and plans.
- Supporting the build out and integration of tools used to support Front Office decision making around Sustainable client profitability
- You will identify opportunities for new client and portfolio insights through use of statistical and qualitative analysis
- Collaborating with the Group Sustainability and Citizenship team and other ESG / Sustainability aligned teams in order to implement and track optimisation initiatives
- You will support execution and optimisation of structured ESG portfolio transactions to meet Portfolio Management objectives
- Supporting the firm’s strategic response to Sustainability related regulatory initiatives by analysing the impact on financial resources and identifying means to manage
- Conducting on-demand analysis for senior management with creation of presentations to support insights
What We’re Looking For
- Solid understanding of financial and risk metrics, coupled with experience in delivering actionable insights from large and complex financial data sets
- Experience developing tools (pricing/reporting/scenario analysis/analytics), manipulating/transforming/processing large data sets using SQL or similar (e.g. Python)
- Confident communicator of complex concepts at different levels of seniority and detail/technicality
- Excellent and demonstrable analytical, design and problem solving skills with ability to prioritise and pivot between tasks
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Knowledge of the macroeconomic landscape including key themes under ESG
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively with technology teams to deliver on projects
- Experience of other programming languages, e.g. Python, R, SAS etc.
- Some credit skills & regulatory knowledge
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.