Website Barclays Corporate & Investment Bank
Bank | Asset Manager
ESG Integration Specialist – 18-month contract
As a Barclays ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) Integration Specialist, you will provide the expertise to deliver ESG Due Diligence for various investment products (i.e., Private Assets, Direct Investments, Structured Products) across all asset classes. Working with the investment teams to support the growth & development & regulatory requirements and advising the Private Bank investment teams on best practice to align with the PRI principles, Greenwashing, UK Stewardship Code and SFDR regulatory requirements will be part of your role.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Building effective relationships with investment teams, across asset classes (public/private equity, funds and fixed income), to assess and evidence how ESG analysis can enhance returns
• Supporting investment teams to articulate their ESG approach and integration across different asset classes and styles and applications of ESG
• Identifying and mitigating negative Principal Adverse Impact (PAI) indicators in third-party managed fund/solutions and Enhance ESG due diligence of third-party managers
• Providing expert information & advice on ESG Integration to key internal/external stakeholders, where necessary attend investment meetings and discuss ESG issues within the investments
• Being responsible for embedding climate considerations into the ESG integration processes
• Support in developing the Private Bank’s approach to the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), Net Zero approach and climate PRI expectations
• Researching and accounting for thought leadership research on Responsible investment issues (ESG integration) and contributing to the team’s annual PRI assessment and submission process
• Contributing to Barclays Group ESG Ratings including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, Carbon Disclosure Project and other self-reported index submissions, sustainability Governance Forum
What we’re looking for:
• SME for the delivery of reporting/data change, assessing impact on business, defining and accepting business requirements and embedding changes and PRI assessment framework
• Specialist and practical experience of ESG integration/reporting standards and regulations including TCFD, SASB, the EU Sustainable Finance Directive and the revised UK Stewardship Code
• Solid grasp of ESG factors and Rating approaches, reporting standards and frameworks (e.g., GHG emissions, energy, water, waste, SBTi, CDP, TCFD etc.)
• Several years of professional experience in an investment management, asset management, client servicing role, involving writing RI/Sustainable investment related content
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Being innovative and resilient and open to the complexities and opportunities of building out a new offering and working within a large organisation, robust in championing views
• Graduate/CFA Certificate in ESG Investing and a second language is beneficial, ability to produce high quality content writing, marketing background
• Ability to relate the technical Sustainable Investing concepts to a wide range of stakeholders and clients both in an influential style
• Excellent and proven project management skills to work with different internal stakeholders to deliver the best outcomes for clients/the firms reporting capabilities
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.