Website Bain Capital
Asset Manager | Private Equity
Bain Capital OverviewBain Capital, LP is one of the world’s leading private multi-asset alternative investment firms with over $160 billion of assets under management that creates lasting impact for our investors, teams, businesses, and communities in which we live. Since our founding in 1984, we’ve applied our insight and experience to organically expand into several asset classes including private equity, credit, public equity, venture capital and real estate. We leverage our shared platform to capture cross-asset class opportunities in strategic areas of focus. With offices on four continents, our global team aligns our interests with those of our investors for lasting impact.This position will be on the ESG team, reporting to the Global Head of ESG, and specializing in ESG, impact measurement and reporting across the PE, private market and capital markets portfolios.Key ResponsibilitiesThis position is a unique opportunity to work collaboratively with a small team and play an active role in driving sustainability/climate projects for the firm. The ESG Manager will develop stakeholder communications for Bain Capital and contribute to ESG research and special projects.ESG Strategy/ Projects:
- Contribute to ESG integration in Private Equity, including innovations and tool development to drive impact
- Research select ESG topics which are priorities for the Firm and business units
- Lead firmwide carbon measurement, and reduction and evaluation of high quality projects
Portfolio Management/ Impact:
- Work with global portfolio ESG team in Private Equity and individual portfolio companies as needed to drive ESG performance
- Contribute to ESG measurement and tracking approach, including data collection process and improvement initiatives
- Assist in developing the Firm’s communications around ESG, sustainability and manage development of ESG Annual Report.
- Prepare investor communications and lead firmwide ESG reporting for Private Equity (e.g., UN PRI)
- Build the reporting vehicles to update key audiences on Bain Capital’s approach to ESG issues
- Engage with portfolio companies and external partners on ESG initiatives
- Work closely with a wide variety of internal stakeholders spanning all of the firm’s business units and geographies, including deal teams, portfolio teams and investor relations.
This person will be based in Boston. Individual will collaborate daily with the investment team, portfolio group and portfolio companies, external partners and other members of the Bain Capital platform.We expect this team member to be a mission-driven individual with experience in project management, familiarity with impact and ESG frameworks, and a passion for driving change in companies.General Qualifications
- Excellent research, analytical, written and core communications abilities, the strongest of which is writing
- Strong team player with an entrepreneurial predisposition and strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact with personnel across senior levels of the Firm;
- Self-starter with strong project management and follow-through skills;
- Detail-oriented, conscientious and energetic professional with ability to think creatively and independently;
- An innate sense of curiosity that enhances the telling of Bain Capital’s story
- Can-do attitude; willingness to take on any task, big or small;
- Outstanding Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree; strong academic credentials (Masters Degree is a plus)
- 6-10 years post undergraduate experience; financial services, sustainability and ESG is a plus
- Experience with knowledge management
- Superior written, project and aural communication skills.
- Ability to interface successfully and collaboratively with numerous internal stakeholders
- Experience working with senior management
Effective November 1, 2021, all new U.S. hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (e.g. 14 days past their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and if eligible, have received their COVID-19 booster) or have received a religious or medical exemption from Bain Capital’s Human Resources team.